7201 Wisconsin Ave
MLT’s College Programs consist of Career Prep, an 18-month leadership and career development program, which develops and equips high-potential juniors and seniors for careers in business leadership, and MLT Ascend, a college success and career readiness program primarily for first generation and low income freshman and sophomores.
As the College Programs Associate, you will support the programs’ overall strategy and manage key elements of their daily operations. To that end, you will manage all communication with core constituents; coordinate the application process; and collect, report and analyze critical student data related to program outcomes. You will also help manage our enterprise systems, plan events, coordinate travel, and process reimbursements.
This role offers an excellent program management opportunity for someone looking to grow into leadership of a national non-profit program or initiative in the future. While taking on increasing levels of responsibility, you will learn the fundamentals of effective program management and growth strategy, as well as hone your relationship management and leadership skills, as you take ownership over processes and initiatives within the programs. This role is also a terrific stepping-stone for a young professional thinking of pursuing a business or other Master’s degree in the next 2-3 years.
This position is based out of our DC-area office and will report to the Senior Director of College Programs.
- Collect, track, and maintain integrity of MLT Ascend and Career Prep program data
- Manage data analysis and performance outcome reporting
- Manage program software systems, including Salesforce and Google sites
- Create, disseminate, and analyze program participant surveys (e.g., post-event, mid-program); summarize findings and provide recommendations for program improvement
- Coordinate logistics for trainings, events and webinars, in partnership with the Events team
- Prepare and distribute all MLT Ascend and Career Prep program newsletters and other communications
- BA/BS degree required, with 1-3 years of work experience
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize competing responsibilities effectively to meet project deadlines
- Proven experience organizing, manipulating, analyzing and displaying large data sets, using tools such as Google Sheets (Excel), including pivot tables, charts and graphs, and formulas such as vlookup and countif/sumif
- Keen ability to solve problems with resourcefulness, and to present actionable recommendations in a compelling manner
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (both written and oral) with individuals at all levels
- Proficiency with Salesforce (or other CRM) and SurveyGizmo (or other survey tool) strongly preferred
- Interest in college persistence and career development and/or a passion for the MLT mission
Minimum Education Required