ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL LITERACY
- Job posted by Working In Support of Education (W!se) - New York City
Working in Support of Education (W!SE), serving young people and adults in 48 states, is a nonprofit, with a culture of caring, dedicated to personal finance education as well as readiness for college and the workplace. W!se provides educational programs and services.
We are seeking a strong and experienced candidate to lead and manage our largest personal finance program for secondary schools to develop financially literate students.
The Assistant Director will report to the Executive Vice President. The Assistant Director will represent the program at conferences nationally, lead workshop presentations, plan and organize training events and webinars and support other organizational/programmatic activities and events. Some travel required. The successful candidate will vigorously drive program growth, quality, customer service, be primarily responsible for:
• Expanding a national program
• Delivering excellent customer service to new and existing partners
• Coordinating program delivery and deepening engagement with stakeholders
• Building relationships and securing new partners to help drive expansion
• Marketing initiatives to teachers, schools and school districts
• Organizing programmatic events for educators and students
• Mentoring new program participants
• Preparing annual reports for stakeholders
• Managing the program’s technology platform
• Organize and/or lead workshops
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, secondary education, finance, business, political science or other relevant field. Advanced degree a plus.
- 4 years of experience in managing an educational or nonprofit initiative and building school relationships or partnerships
- A track record of success marketing a national program
- Demonstrated leadership in cultivating and developing key relationships
The successful candidate should be a take charge, energetic, organized team player who has
- An ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects with deadlines
- A passion for increasing the number of financial literate high school graduates
- A strong sense of accountability to achieving goals and student outcomes
- Ability to operate with purpose, accuracy and extraordinary attention to detail
- Superior writing, oral communication and public speaking skills
- A high level of technology proficiency
Medical and Retirement
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter with salary expectation, resume, brief writing sample (no more than 2 pages), and references to email@example.com.