Details: Position is hourly with competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
950 Blue Hill Avenue
The Community Tennis Coordinator (‘Coordinator’) is a part-time position, with the potential for developing to full time hours. The Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of Tennis Programs and the works closely with the Program Director to staff, oversee and develop community tennis programs at Sportsmen’s and in the surrounding neighborhoods. The Coordinator coaches in Sportsmen’s clinics and camps, which typically involve large groups of youths and/or adults. Coordinator attends community fairs and similar events to promote Sportsmen’s tennis programs, and should be comfortable speaking to and demonstrating our programs to interested groups. Coordinator is able to offer private lessons in accordance with Sportsmen’s current lesson rates and compensation policies.
- Coach in/support partnerships with the Boston Public Schools, charter, private and faith-based schools/preschools, community centers and similar partnerships;
- Coach in and organize teaching pros, junior coaches and volunteers to support the VAV Friday evening tennis program at Sportsmen’s, and free community tennis programs held at Sportsmen’s on Saturdays (summer) or Sundays (school year);
- Insure the VAV curriculum is kept current and executed.
- 10u Certification
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy including word processing, data management, publishing and email
- Experience working with youth and adult sports programming, particularly in large groups
- Experience with diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic populations in an urban environment
Sportsmen’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, agree, disability or genetics. Sportsmen’s offers full time employees a very competitive benefits program, including health, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401K with a partial match. Hourly rates are competitive and determined by level of experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
English is primary requirement. Spanish, Haitian Creole a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide references and all certification information with your resume and cover letter.