Details: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Title: ELA/Literacy Specialist
Location: Remote with some travel required
Who We Are
Student Achievement Partners is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping teachers and school leaders implement high-quality, college- and career-ready standards. We believe that challenging academic standards are the foundation for improved student outcomes, but that standards alone are not enough. Students will only make dramatic gains in achievement if instructional materials, assessments, and classroom practices are true to the expectations of high-quality, college- and career-ready standards. Our work is grounded in research and evidence, and we are committed to sharing standards-aligned tools and practices freely with educators across the country through our website www.achievethecore.org.
SAP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to reflecting the diversity of the students we serve. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds.
About the Position
The ELA/Literacy Specialist, as part of the Professional Learning team, will be responsible for the delivery of standards-aligned training in ELA/literacy across our network of educators including states, districts, and partner organizations. This person will facilitate communities of practice and design delivery models intended to increase the impact of professional learning at scale. This is a high profile position and will require travel to present at both large scale speaking events and smaller meetings with partners on behalf of SAP.
● Designing and developing standards-aligned professional learning content.
● Planning, managing, facilitating partner and district facing professional learning partnerships (requires travel).
● Planning, creating and delivering virtual learning opportunities.
Developing expertise in research pertaining to curriculum, instruction, and professional learning.
Additionally, Student Achievement Partners offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Eligible candidates must have deep expertise in teaching, professional learning, curriculum, and the Common Core State Standards. Above all, any candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to educational equity.
● BA required, advanced degree preferred.
● Minimum of 5 years of experience strongly preferred: teaching in related field, adult learning, professional development, teacher coaching.
● Passion for and deep knowledge of education, literacy, and the Common Core State Standards.
● Solutions-oriented and a collaborative team player.
● Commitment to excellence and a diligent work ethic.
● Demonstration of strong public speaking skills and presence.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Send resume and one-page letter of interest to Nicole Bravo (email@example.com) and complete the following:
1. If you had to choose the most important trait or skill for this role, which would you choose and why? Describe how you’ve demonstrated this skill or trait. (max 500 words)
2. Provide a sample work product or video that highlights your experience and qualifications for this role.
· In the subject line, include the source of job listing and the position you are applying for. "Idealist - ELA/Literacy Specialist (PL Team)"