The Safe Horizon offices in the New York City Family Justice Center are located in the District Attorney's Office in downtown Brooklyn. This Program provides counseling, crisis intervention, advocacy, information and referrals to victims of domestic violence. The Senior Case Manager will provide short-term counseling and direct services to victims of domestic violence. The Senior Case Manager will be responsible for conducting case assessments, crisis intervention, supportive counseling and safety planning with victims. The Senior Case Manager may provide court updates, referrals to other agencies and advocacy on behalf of victims.
Essential Job Functions:
The Senior Case Manager will provide comprehensive services to individual clients and families impacted by violence (domestic violence, rape and sexual assault). Services provided may include assessment, case planning, case facilitation, referrals and information workshop. The Senior Case Manager coordinates with Safe Horizon supporting programs and local agencies to provide short and long term care necessary to meet the needs related to victims of violence. Duties include:
· Provide crisis intervention, emotional support and case management services to victims of crime and abuse;
· Provide advocacy to all victims of domestic violence with the police, prosecutors, housing, shelters, schools, public assistance and other entitlements;
· Assist with safety planning and risk assessment;
· Provide regular follow up to victims to assist in securing all indicated services;
· Act as an advocate and liaison between the victim and the District Attorney’s Office and other criminal justice agencies;
· Provide court orientation, advocacy, accompaniment, and support;
· Attend relevant training seminars, workshops, committees, and lectures;
· Attend weekly individual and group supervision meetings;
· Maintain case records, prepare monthly statistics and quarterly reports;
· Provides technical assistance, consultation and opportunities for training new case managers;
· May work with the Director or Manager to develop presentations to educate the community about the program and the dynamics of domestic violence and victimization;
· May conduct presentations, training and outreach to service providers and law enforcement; and
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Reports: No supervisory reports.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and other forms of victimization
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team while also independently generating tasks.
- Knowledge of the Family Court and criminal justice system is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and experience
Full-time, Monday through Friday. Exact hours to be determined.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required