Blue Water Baltimore, the leading water quality nonprofit in Baltimore, seeks a full-time Database Specialist to manage our Salesforce CRM. This position serves as the technical liaison between administration, finance, development and program staff to maximize operational effectiveness. The Database Specialist also ensures staff have the tools needed to complete daily responsibilities and to communicate with constituents in a timely and efficient manner.
Blue Water Baltimore’s mission is to restore the quality of Baltimore’s rivers, streams and Harbor to foster a healthy environment, a strong economy, and thriving communities. Blue Water Baltimore is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that accomplishes a wide range of work and partners with diverse organizations and community stakeholders to reach its restoration, greening, and advocacy goals. Read more at www.bluewaterbaltimore.org.
The Database Specialist will:
- Ensure the Salesforce database supports organizational strategies, administrative functions and programmatic activities
- Manage Salesforce user profiles, permissions and preferences, including page layouts and dashboards
- Establish organization-wide protocols to maintain accurate and complete data entry
- Conduct weekly, monthly and end of year data audits to ensure accuracy
- Support production of standard and custom data reports to support staff across the organization
- Develop grant reporting templates and coordinate with program staff to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Build queries and exports for complex mailing lists such as appeals and action alerts
- Monitor Salesforce/Salesforce NPSP updates and modifications, recommending and managing critical updates, applications, and installed packages
- Work with teams to create custom objects, fields, validation and workflow rules to support data management and grant deliverables
- Maintain connectors and integrations with other systems such as FormAssembly and Authorize.net
- Manage database training for all staff and ensure protocols are followed
- Act as the liaison to external consultants on an as-needed basis for advanced Salesforce projects
- Work with staff to leverage existing technology to solve programmatic problems or improve efficiencies
- Provide input on proposed IT systems or software, evaluating if current technology can meet needs and providing guidance for implementation and training plans
- Assist staff with basic database troubleshooting and account management
- Assist HR with the technological component of onboarding employees (user setup and database training)
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2 years experience working with a CRM database in a non-profit environment
- Experience with Wordpress
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication and training skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Analytical skills to respond to requested changes, recommend processes and identify customizations or necessary changes
- Experience with the Salesforce Non Profit Success Pack
- Experience with Form Assembly, Apsona, and Conga Composer
- Salesforce Certified Administrator or working towards certification
Generous benefits package, including Health, PTO, 401k.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please complete the short Blue Water Baltimore online application. Please also email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Database Specialist” in the subject line. Absolutely no phone calls. Position will remain open until filled.
Blue Water Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.