1250 New York Ave NW
The Membership Database Assistant reports to the Manager of the Development Database and Director of Membership and is responsible for assisting with day-to-day administrative functions of the Raiser’s Edge database. Prior database or computer science knowledge is not required.
This is a part-time position of approximately 24 hours per week.
- Assist with regular database clean up through data checks.
- Track daily gift deposits from multiple channels.
- Reconcile gift entry with the Finance Department.
- Enter data and update constituents, including adding new constituents from prospect collection activities.
- Create acknowledgement file for lower level membership contributions.
- Assist with data hygiene using Address Verification and merging duplicate records.
- Build basic queries and generate fundraising reports.
- Document and audit procedures, and update a procedures manual.
- Plan trainings for the Development Department on using the database.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a high school diploma; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Successful applicant will possess:
- Previous experience in an office
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing ability and organization and attention to detail
- Flexible demeanor essential
- Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word, and especially Microsoft Excel proficiency is preferred
Minimum Education Required