Reporting to the Director of Program & Grant Operations, the Grants Administrator plays a key role in the life-cycle of the grantmaking process by implementing, managing and facilitating several operational processes, including: due diligence review, proposal distribution, the grant agreement process, grant & donation payments, and amendment letters. The Grants Administrator works closely with Foundation Grantees and with Programs and Operations staff (especially the Legal and Finance & Accounting departments) to ensure accurate, complete and efficient processing of documentation, as well as clear and timely communications with stakeholders.
Areas of Responsibility
- Implements and manages the grant agreement process utilizing system templates, and works with the Grantee and the Foundation’s legal team on custom contractual language.
- Creates and actively monitors all grant or donation payment and refund records. Reviews, authorizes and generates payment letters for all weekly check runs.
- Performs due diligence and compliance functions for all new grants and scheduled payments, adhering to IRS and Department of Treasury requirements.
- Performs analyses of systems data on several grant-related business processes and creates summary reports for internal stakeholders. Also assists in the production of grant reports included in annual tax schedules.
- Drafts all Grant Amendment Letters and updates grant records to reflect any necessary changes.
- Assists with the distribution of proposal materials to Foundation’s President and Board of Trustees.
- Processes all honoraria payments related to the Foundation’s external review process.
- Implements departmental special projects as needed.
Criteria & Relevant Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of grantmaking administrative experience.
- Relevant experience in document management, payment monitoring, or contract administration, preferred.
- Experience within a non-profit or foundation environment including working with grant management software (or experience with SalesForce.com), preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated history of meeting work deadlines.
- Strong analytical capabilities, especially related to business processes.
- Proficient in MS Office including experience working with Excel pivot tables, required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission.
The Foundation is committed to providing exceptional benefits to our employees and their families. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, with 100% of employee premiums paid for by the Foundation. Additionally, the Foundation provides life and disability insurance at no cost to the employee.
The Foundation offers a 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous employer match. We offer paid time off and paid parental leave.
Finally the Foundation offers a unique staff donation program, making a $5,000 donation in the employee's name to a mission-aligned organization of the employee's choice.
Minimum Education Required