26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Director, Data and Analytics Strategy Hub (DASH) to join our Innovation and Analytics Centre Team. The Clinical Informatics Manager is based at our Administrative office at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, New York 10012.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Director, Data and Analytics Strategy Hub (DASH) does:
- Play a lead role in conducting and managing multiple analytics initiatives to guide PPNYC through strategic decision making for different areas in the organization including but not limited to Clinical, Finance, Development, Call Center, Public Affairs and Human Resources
- The Director will gather business requirements sessions with stakeholders, and facilitating large-group/cross-functional sessions with customers, while containing the scope of the initiative
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the data warehouse and dashboard reporting standards, support and build capacity to leverage the new data and enhance reports
- Develop and maintain the suite of web-based dashboards for the organization at all levels – from executive reporting to front-line staff. Manage the road map for new and enhancements to dashboards.
- Implement, support and administer PPNYC’s Data and Analytics Strategy Hub (DASH), the organizations integrated data warehouse and reporting platform (using MS SQL, Talend and Tableau technologies)
- Oversee and support the data warehouse growth and data quality as well as liaise with technical consultant staff to support enhancements and bug-fixes. Serve as the main point of contact to manage vendors and consultants who support the DASH platform
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with an emphasis in Computer Science, Application Development, Database Development and Management, Data Visualization, or similar studies
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Two to Five years of experience integrating and administrating complex data sources and implementing business intelligence tools
- Very strong experience developing and administering large scale integrated data warehouses
- Ability to conduct database manipulation (e.g. SQL, Talend and Tableau, as well as other industry tools, such as MS Office tools – Excel, Access, and R)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and innovative team player with a positive approach and a focus on business issues
- Ability to build successful relationships and partner with Director level leaders
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative and think creatively
- Must possess good time management and project planning skills
- Must have a strong work ethic to drive projects to completion
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter through our organization's website.
No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.