Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is a nationally recognized multiethnic nonprofit organization that provides award-winning services to refugee and immigrant women and their families in King and Snohomish Counties.
POSITION TITLE: Grant Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
REPORTS TO: Finance Director
STATUS: Nonexempt Regular Full Time (37.5 hrs./wk)
The Grant Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and grant support services in order to meet the needs of the organization and its grantors and donors. This position is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, providing financial reporting and analysis in support of the various programs. This position is also responsible for the operations of post-award grant administration and related accounting duties. Working closely with the Program Directors and Finance Director, the Grant Accountant will focus heavily on budgeting, compliance, reporting and variance analysis functions.
1. Prepares weekly cash deposits for grant revenue, childcare fees, fundraising events and miscellaneous income. Processes charge card transactions
2. Assist with agency expense allocations.
3. Prepares grant program budgets and budget amendments as required by grantors.
4. Reviews all grant awards to ensure accurate and timely grant accounting.
5. Prepares all payment requests and reviews all costs to ensure compliance with Allowable Costs Principles as applicable.
6. Prepares monthly journal entries on a timely basis to ensure accurate recording of grant income and expenses. Prepares all expenditure required reports & reconcile to GL monthly.
7. Participates in all program audits and prepares all Annual Reports along with supporting work papers and documentation.
8. Prepares financial reports for presentation at monthly Program Director meetings. Notify Program Directors of available funding on their contracts.
9. Responsible for monitoring regulations and updating policies to ensure compliance with current regulations. Communicate policies and procedures related to grants funds for review and implementation by Program Managers.
10. Cross train on duties of other Accountants, including Accounts Payable.
11. Assist with project management and implementation of accounts receivable systems and updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years' experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and general accounting functions including reporting requirements and procedures related to federal, state and other related grants, cost accounting, government accounting and auditing.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and administration, financial record keeping and reporting.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of contract/grant administration and monitoring.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing and accounting software (preferably Abila MIP)
- Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability for job duties.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, team building & staff development skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diverse cultures.
- Adequate visual skill and manual dexterity for computer, calculator and other data-related tasks
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to lift and move file boxes
BENEFITS: ReWA offers a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, 403(b) plan.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
Minimum Education Required