Details: $20/Hour - 10 Hours per month
3400 Lowell St. NW
Purpose: Provide leadership for our high school youth group.
Goal: Coordinate with our teens to organize opportunities for community service, faith
formation and social connection.
Organizational Relationships: The position is supervised by the Senior Pastor and works
closely with the Children & Youth Committee and youth group volunteers.
Scope of Work: Approximately 10 hours a month—
- once/month youth gatherings (discussion, meal and activity- usually on a Sunday)
- quarterly Children & Youth Committee meetings
- participation with youth in 2-3 congregation-wide social action events per year
- coordination of the Summer 2019 youth mission trip (participation in this
trip would be compensated separately).
- prior experience working with teens
- ability to engage youth in meaningful conversation about faith and life
- openness to diverse faith perspectives
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- ability to collaborate with church volunteers
Start Date: Fall 2018
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Rev. Ellen Jennings, email@example.com.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required