466 West 152nd Street
Dance Theatre of Harlem (DTH), established in 1969, is an institution rooted in diversity that celebrates and utilizes classical ballet and other dance forms to inspire as well as to effect change. Through its school, touring company and arts education programs, young people in the New York metropolitan area, across the country and around the world are exposed to the power of art to create a brighter future.
Dance Theatre of Harlem will celebrate its 50th anniversary season of transforming lives through dance in 2019 and seeks a dynamic INSTITUTIONAL GIVING MANAGER to join an energetic team of performing arts professionals.
The Institutional Giving Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
· Writing institutional donor solicitations (letters of inquiry; full grant proposals and/or applications)
· Managing and writing all grant reports
· Developing proposal budgets
· Maintaining all online accounts for funder proposals and reports
· Work closely with development staff to generate donor acknowledgment letters
· Conduct prospect research
· Cultivate and solicit current and prospective donors
· Engage with program staff to support proposal development and grant reporting
· Collaborate with development staff with creating and implementing institutional giving strategies that align with the organization’s needs
· Work closely with development staff to develop annual fundraising goals and track accordingly
· Provide logistical support at all fundraising special events and activities
· Other functions as requested
· Developing and maintaining the fundraising calendar
· Bachelor’s Degree is required, a Master’s Degree is preferred;
· 3-5 years of development experience with a focus on grant writing and institutional support in the performing arts, preferably in New York City;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to write proposals and reports;
· Strong computer and research skills (Microsoft Office programs, Adobe, etc.);
· Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or similar Database Software experience necessary
· Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills;
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously;
· Demonstrated past success at relationship building and closing gifts with a wide range of personality types;
· Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to develop creative solutions
· Project a professional demeanor;
· Team worker with strong interpersonal skills;
· Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends; and
· Eligible to work in USA.
Terms and Conditions
· Full time.
· Applicants must meet required qualifications.
· Dance Theatre of Harlem is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary commensurate with experience and educational background, paid on a bi-weekly basis and includes fringe benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Disability, Retirement (401(k) plan, Transitcheck).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject please list Last name, First Name – Institutional Giving Manager Search. No phone calls please.