10 City Square
Job Title: Membership Engagement Manager, Direct Mail Communications
Reports to: Director of Membership and Community Giving
Summary Description: The Membership Engagement Manager, Direct Mail Communications ("Direct Mail Manager") creates, develops, and manages key aspects of the Membership and Annual Fund program, growing unrestricted revenue at the $1 - $9,999 level, and growing AMC’s member and donor base. The Direct Mail Manager handles the production and execution of direct mail campaigns. The position works closely and collaboratively with the Digital Marketing Manager, external consultants, and colleagues across the Communications and Development teams to execute our membership and annual giving strategy.
- Assists/partners with the Director of Membership and Community Giving to recommend, develop, and execute direct marketing strategies, formats, and campaigns to achieve defined revenue goals through direct mail (acquisition, renewal, upgrades, reactivation, and cultivation). Liaise with internal staff and outside consultants, providing resources and direction, communicating with all relevant internal stakeholders. Support and collaborate with digital side of AMC’s program.
- Work with Director of Membership and Community Giving and Digital Marketing Manager to develop annual campaign schedule, identify key objectives, and outline key deadlines.
- Develop and refine project timelines and schedules with Membership and Annual Giving team. Drive appropriate schedules with AMC teams and outside consultants to insure deadlines are met.
- Assist with development of Membership and Annual Fund budgets and forecasts. Ensure proper spending in support of revenue generation while maintaining a cost-conscious focus on spending.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for outside consultants, managing the production and flow of direct mail projects.
- Coordinate schedules, reviews, and approvals, ensuring deadlines are communicated and met.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager, to initiate strategy sessions and assemble samples, results from previous campaigns, test recommendations and other materials necessary for strategy development.
- Segment AMC members, donors and prospects from Salesforce CRM to achieve AMC’s membership and fundraising revenue objectives. Propose segmentation strategies.
- Work with AMC’s list broker to identify best sources of names for both member and donor acquisition. Approve list use requests from AMC’s list manager to benefit AMC’s acquisition program and enhance revenue.
- Provide quality control for all direct mail efforts throughout development, approval and printing processes, including final proofing of copy, design, and print production. Review and approve specifications, paper samples, color proofs, lives, and insertion order.
- Working with Digital Marketing Manager, update campaign results weekly, providing insight and analysis as needed from a campaign performance and benchmarking perspective.
- Identify and manage direct mail campaign costs and make recommendations on how to best deploy allocated resources for each campaign. Get quotes from printers/lettershops, manage postage accounts, and review/approve all invoices for direct mail campaigns.
- Liaise with Development team to ensure accurate record keeping, processing and acknowledging for annual giving activity, and provide current information and support to assist with donor service inquiries.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, benchmarks, and innovations, using them to further inform recommendations and keep team up-to-date.
- Run and send quarterly member/donor file to Coop vendors.
- Manage AMC’s direct mail sample library.
- Additional duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and four to six years of related experience in fundraising and membership direct marketing.
- Deep familiarity with direct marketing best practices, industry trends, benchmarks, and innovations.
- Direct experience with at least three separate non-profit direct marketing programs.
- Demonstrated success implementing campaign strategies on time and on budget.
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with varied internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a deadline driven environment, work independently, and engage and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Experience working with print and fulfillment shops.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Strong computer and database skills. Experience working with data and within databases to segment files, export mail files, and identify data quality issues. Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Excellent skills in the functional use of Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
To Apply: Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying. No phone calls, and direct candidates only, please.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required