Details: We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
32 Old Slip
Foundation Center is seeking a proactive and creative team member who is systems-oriented, ready to capably manage social media and email communications for a variety of initiatives, and liaise with teams to help them do their work.
Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
POSITION: Content Marketing Liaison
REPORTING TO: Director of Operations
LOCATION: This position can be based anywhere in the continental U.S, with a preference for candidates based in NYC (downtown Manhattan)
As part of the Foundation Center’s 2020 Plan, the Foundation Center is leaning into its commitment to help level the playing field for small to midsize organizations and individuals with game-changing ideas.
This plan calls for building and maintaining a strong central infrastructure in the Social Sector Outreach (SSO) unit, the team responsible for developing and delivering direct services to nonprofits via digital and in-person resources and engagements. The Liaison provides direction and guidance to SSO teams in the area of social media and email newsletters. Specifically, the role involves centrally coordinating marketing and social media efforts, while building efficiencies and processes across SSO to make our messaging more effective and aligned to our objectives. The Liaison reports to the Director of Operations and works closely with the Marketing Specialist, as well as other Marketing units in the organization. The Liaison also works with colleagues based out of our regional hubs, our Programs team, and the Network Engagement team to constantly and consistently provide messaging about the Center’s value proposition to key stakeholders via our online platforms.
· With guidance from the Director of Operations and Marketing Specialist, develop annual (in some cases, multi-year) social media strategies, tactics, and tools that consistently improve our internal and external approach to digital engagement
· Serve as liaison to SSO colleagues who manage regional content marketing (i.e., engagement specialists)
· Serve as liaison to Funding Information Network and GrantSpace/AskUs teams engaged in content marketing
· Serve as liaison to Programs team, ensuring that our training-related offerings receive the attention and sales traction to reach our impact targets
· Create, test, and launch targeted emails via SalesForce on a deadline-based schedule
· Create Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn posts using Hootsuite, as well as boosts and ads, and report data to team
· Regularly develop “promo packs” for SSO campaigns such as webinars and trainings (i.e., compose well-crafted sample tweets, social media posts, and gather images, links, etc), and disseminate those promo packs out to staff
· Lead monthly and quarterly touchpoint meetings that promote the continued adoption and enhancement of established content marketing best practices across SSO, leading instructional trainings when needed
· Work together with the Marketing team (Director and Marketing Specialist) to suggest and deploy improvements that can streamline and/or enhance operations in the areas of content marketing
· Perform testing on content to improve clickthrough/open rates
· Gather/report on statistics on a regular basis, analyze trends based on marketing efforts
· Provide additional copy and/or design for collateral on an as needed basis/on request (flyers, web ads, email, etc.)
· Serve as a thoughtful and supportive team member of the Marketing and Operations unit, contributing meaningfully to other key services housed within the unit
· Perform other duties as assigned
The person who takes this job is: creative, flexible, energetic, highly organized, resourceful, optimistic, personable, and a quick study
· BA/BS required
· Experience editing images using photo software like Photoshop or Canva required
· Familiarity with Hootsuite and SalesForce a strong plus
· Knowledge of the social sector and some work experience in the sector preferred
· Comfortable adopting a consistent voice for content marketing; prior experience doing this for diverse organizations
· Background in B2C/sales marketing
· Uncomfortable with breaking deadlines
· Ability to take initiative and work independently alongside other initiative-takers in a goal driven environment
· Detail-oriented, systems-oriented, process-oriented
· Good design sensibility; strong editor and copywriter
· Ability to communicate well in person and in writing with diverse groups
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including with remote team members across time zones
· Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
· Ability to organize competing priorities and follow through quickly
· Team player with a sense of humor and winning attitude
· High degree of comfort using Word, PowerPoint, and content management systems
· At least two years’ experience in using various forms of social media, including metrics and best practices
· Fluency in a second language a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at the Foundation Center please visit our website: http://foundationcenter.org/about-us/work-at-foundation-center/job-openings
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Foundation Center is an equal opportunity employer.