Part Time Contract
221 S. Figueroa Street
Introduction & Background
The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a nonprofit grantmaking foundation that administers almost 1,600 individual charitable funds to meet existing and emerging needs in the Greater Los Angeles area. CCF is one of the largest and fastest growing community foundations in the United States. With assets of more than $1.4 billion currently, CCF has awarded more than $1.6 billion in grants and received more than $1.8 billion in contributions over the past ten years. Since 1915, CCF has been helping individuals, families, corporations and nonprofits establish and develop their philanthropic visions.
For 100 years, the passion of our living and legacy donors has defined and built the California Community Foundation. We partner with individuals and families to not only pursue their own personal passions but to collaborate with us, along with the public, private and nonprofit sectors, in transforming Los Angeles County.
The independent contractor would identify a targeted universe of professional advisors who serve the wealthiest residents of Los Angeles. Emphasis would be on estate planning attorneys, financial advisors and CPAs who handle HNW individuals and private foundations.
The independent Contractor will provide research and consulting services to CCF to create a list of top-tier advisors in Los Angeles. The period of engagement is from April to June.
Deliverables & Milestones
- The deliverable for the project is a compiled list of two to three hundred top advisors in in Los Angeles County. The list will include names of individuals, firm name address and contact information, specialization and other interests. The list will be compiled in Excel and shared with the CCF Development Team every week.
- Cross reference the Excel database with CCF’s existing contact database – Raiser’s Edge to determine which people know CCF well.
- Tier and rank the data to prioritize outreach to those advisors on the list.
- Kick off commences at the end of April. During the course of the project, contractor will attend in-person check-ins scheduled approximately every two weeks at CCF.
Preferred Contractor Qualifications
- Minimum of three years related experience in research, analyses and data management.
- Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and a proficiency with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit qualifications, background, and project proposal to Ms. Summer Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org.