The UN Global Compact Academy aims to provide corporate professionals around the world the knowledge and skills needed to accelerate and mainstream sustainable business practices at scale. To support these efforts, the UN Global Compact is seeking a dynamic learning and development manager to play a key role in developing and growing our capacity-building portfolio globally.
The Manager will be responsible for developing and creating new training experiences and learning materials that provide powerful learning outcomes for a global corporate audience across key corporate sustainability topics, including the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact and the Sustainable Development Goals. The Manager will also be responsible for providing contributions to the strategic development of capacity building efforts to maximize uptake and impact of programmatic contents and delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Support the strategic development and growth of the UN Global Compact Academy as a key part of the UN Global Compact value proposition and global capacity building effort for scalable impact.
● Advise on leading-edge trends, innovative formats, and impactful learning materials for effective digital learning programmes with trackable results that maximize user experience and engagement across on-demand, live sessions, and blended programmes.
● Partner with internal and external subject matter experts and key stakeholders to assess training needs, recommend educational content, formats, and methodologies for impact-focused learning programmes designed for business leaders around the world.
● Manage end-to-end Academy session development including project and production plans, and timely and functional delivery of Academy content and programmes
● Oversee the continuous development of the UN Global Compact Academy Learning Management System
● Develop and deliver ‘train the trainers’ to advance best practices for online facilitation skills and effective knowledge transfer across the organization.
● Ensure robust evaluation mechanisms are in place to measure and monitor programme satisfaction and impact.
● Lead the development of all Academy-related communications and promotional materials including email campaigns and session tool-kits.
● Coordinate activities related to budget and funding of projects and initiatives.
● Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviors; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organization's interest, even if they are unpopular; and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
● Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and remains calm in stressful situations.
● Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making, examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses, and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
● A first-level university degree in business administration, management, education, or a related field
● Minimum of five years of relevant experience from learning and development, capacity building projects/programme portfolio management, and/or business transformation processes. Deep understanding of adult learning and best practice design for a global, corporate audience.
● Digital acumen and experience working across digital platforms
● Ability to work with subject matter experts to develop content across various formats
● Experience working with digital learning platforms (I.e. LMS/LXP) and familiarity with forms of content
● Experience delivering and facilitating training programmes that appeal to a diverse, global audience.
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
● Outstanding project management skills with high attention to detail and organization.
● Experience in creating communication, marketing, and/or fundraising materials.
● Experience working on issues and practices related to corporate sustainability is preferred but not required.
● Please include the following materials in your e-mail submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading:” Manager, Program Delivery
1. Cover Letter
● Applications will be accepted until 30, July 2021.
● Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or unsolicited emails outside of the submission process.
● Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The Foundation for the Global Compact does not sponsor work visas
The Foundation for the Global Compact is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The Foundation for the Global Compact recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested.
The UN Global Compact Academy aims to provide corporate professionals around the world the knowledge and skills needed to accelerate and mainstream sustainable business practices at scale. To support these efforts…