Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality, equitable patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. ASCO offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
ASCO has an exciting opportunity for a high-performing and enthusiastic Program Coordinator, Care Delivery Registries to join the Care Delivery Department. The successful candidate will coordinate and support of the Care Delivery Registries of ASCO’s Care Delivery department through coordination of administrative, customer service, operations, legal, and logistics requests.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA though remote candidates will be considered.
What you will do:
- Coordinate with Care Delivery Registry team supporting vendor management for various registries, assist in streamlining the performance improvement of practices participating in the Care Delivery registries and programs, and support practices in reporting areas for improvement and feedback
- Anticipate customer needs through support of the Help Desk by responding to participant inquiries, registering and maintaining participant records, and informing team members of program-related issues, requests, and information
- Contribute to internal and external program presentations, and supporting registry program activities at Annual Meeting and other external meetings and conferences as needed
- Assist in administration of Care Delivery programs and volunteer groups, coordinate and plan logistics for team meetings, calls, and committees including minute taking, agenda drafting, e-mail communications, and other tasks as needed
- Coordinate legal contracts and e-mail communications with internal and external legal teams and other internal stakeholders and maintain Care Delivery Registry programs and other department registry programs legal database(s)
- Generate and process invoices for and from external stakeholders
- Maintain and improve internal administrative documents relevant to the division and assigned programs
- Serve as part of testing team to test registry programs system for user acceptability, accuracy, and functionality
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in healthcare, communications, or related field or related work experience in supporting department operations
- 4 years of effective customer service experience within a professional work environment to include working with invoicing and troubleshooting basic requests
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook); and an openness to embracing and learning new technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to draft, edit, and proofread a variety of internal and external communications
- Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent customer service skills
- Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative, time management, and organizational skills to prioritize work to deliver results with attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information and collaborate with professional volunteer members and internal stakeholders
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Master’s in Business or Healthcare fields
- Technology vendor management experience
- Volunteer management experience including working with registries
- Database or legal database experience including working with contracts
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)