Project Assistant: A Menu for Change Project (CAP0338)
To achieve Oxfam’s vision of a just world without poverty, the Campaigns, Policy and Influencing Team campaigns to challenge the root causes that keep people in poverty and to achieve a fair and sustainable world. We campaign to change the social norms, economic systems, institutions and policies that keep women and men in poverty, to alleviate the impact of poverty and to reduce the vulnerability of people living in poverty in the absence of wider change to increase their resilience.
The Campaigns, Policy and Influencing Team do this by being propositional around alternatives to these norms, systems and institutions, working with others, producing and sharing evidence and knowledge, supporting active citizenship in ensuring people´s voices are heard, and holding the powerful to account. Oxfam uses different campaigning and influencing approaches in the UK and across the countries where we operate as One Oxfam.
Reporting to the Project Manager of A Menu for Change Project the Project Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Support delivery of the A Menu for Change project working closely with the Project Manager, supporting team coordination and leading delivery of all aspects of project administration.
- Administration of project budgets, including processing project expenses, invoices etc. and reconciling data regularly. Maintain financial systems and records in line with Oxfam’s procedures and standards.
- Manage and maintain relevant project databases e.g. stakeholders, event delegates, distribution lists
- Provide event coordination and logistics, including booking venues, catering, dealing with suppliers and overseeing activities on the day.
- Provide administrative support to the project staff team including travel, accommodation and secretariat support. Support development of project marketing and promotion; including production of project communications materials working with relevant media and communications staff.
- Maintain, with support, A Menu for Change project website ensuring content from project staff is uploaded and online inquiries managed effectively.
What we’re looking for:
- Significant business support experience, including financial management, in any sector.
- Ability to work independently, with sound judgement, good time management, planning and prioritisation skills.
- A very high standard of computer literacy and experience of computer packages, including MS Office, and ability to become competent in specialist software.
- High levels of numeracy, accuracy, consistency and excellent attention to detail.
- Clear written communication skills for drafting reports, minutes and other internal and external communication outputs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a team and to support other team members in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Ability to adapt priorities in order to respond to changing demands
- Up-to-date knowledge of food insecurity and wider poverty issues and sector (Desirable)
- Knowledge of contract management (Desirable)
- Experience of supporting project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (Desirable)
Hours: 32.4 hours per week
Salary: £17,100 (pro rata to £19,000 full time equivalent)
Closing Date: 20 August 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated individual with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online via the link below:
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.