Details: Commensurate with experience
435 Warren Street
Bridge Boston Charter School is a comprehensive, full-service public school that opened in the fall of 2011 with 72 children in K1 and K2. This year the school holds grades K1-6 with 312 students. We are chartered to expand by a grade each year until we serve 335 students in grades K1-8. Bridge Boston Charter School’s mission is to help our students thrive in a challenging, joyful, inclusive public school community that values close partnerships with families and a focus on the whole child. Through full-service programming, Bridge Boston Charter School works to remove the health and social obstacles that hinder student learning. This year we are serving students who are 39% ELL, 21% SPED, and 20% who have been or are currently homeless. To serve our students and fulfill our mission, the school is chartered to run an extended year and extended day program.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and passionate Special Education teacher to provide quality academic and behavioral services through direct and/or consultative approaches as directed by students’ IEPs. The ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and being part of building a growing school. This position is full-time and reports to the Director of Special Education. Salary is based on the level of experience and education.
· Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in elementary or secondary education preferred
· MA teachers licensure in special education required
· Must have completed their MTEL by the end of their first year with Bridge Boston
· Two or more years’ experience as a special education teacher, preferably in an urban setting and/or a charter
· Excellent personal skills and willingness to be a team player
· Superior organizational, written and verbal communication skills
· Facility in a second language beyond English highly desirable
· ESL license of SEI endorsement highly desirable
- Work closely with the Director of Special Education to ensure that the school is in compliance with all special education requirements and that each child with a disability is receiving all necessary supports, modifications, and accommodations
- Curricular development, lesson planning, and implementation for direct service in and out of the classroom to small groups of students
- Serve as the case manager for a caseload of students, including data tracking and support of inclusion classroom, data tracking, writing quarterly progress reports and IEP goals, and attending IEP meetings
- Collaborate with general education teachers to adapt curricular materials and teacher techniques to meet the individual needs of students and to identify students who are not meeting benchmarks and to plan interventions as needed
- Collaborate with general education teachers and other service providers to provide behavioral supports and intervention
- Use data to inform academic and behavioral goals, instruction and intervention plans
- Assist with school-wide assessments and other data; working with staff to address findings
- Engage families and build collaborative, respectful relationships with them in service of student learning
- Other duties as assigned such as classroom coverage, and school community responsibilities
More information about the school is available at http://bridgebostoncs.org/.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Anna McTigue, Director of Special Education; please title subject heading as: Special Ed Teacher and send to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required