Details: Based on Experience
1385 Mission St.
About Evolve California
We are a San Francisco based political nonprofit working on an exciting campaign to reclaim over $10 billion every year of desperately needed funding for our schools and public services. We are working to do this by reforming California’s Proposition 13 to make corporations pay their fair share of property taxes.
We believe that the most effective way to counter the corrupting power of money in politics is a long-term commitment to ground-up, grassroots organizing. Our approach provides an alternative for people frustrated by the status quo. We focus on big issues that bring people together in order to create a better California for everyone. You can read more about us here.
The Campaign – Reform Prop 13
California used to be number one in the nation in K-12 and higher education funding. But after decades of disinvestment, due to Prop. 13, we are ranked 44th in the nation in per pupil funding and tuition at the UCs and CSUs has tripled in the last 15 years. This is unacceptable.
If you believe that it's time for our state to once again prioritize education over corporate profits then this position is for you. We are working on a groundbreaking campaign to make corporations, like Chevron and Wells Fargo pay their fair share of property taxes to generate billions of dollars a year for our schools.
This role is for perfect for someone who shares our vision for a better California and is excited about being part of a statewide grassroots campaign that will have a lasting impact on our state.
· Lobbying local elected officials
· Building and maintaining coalition partnerships
· Making presentations to political organizations
· Managing volunteers
· Helping manage team of college interns
· Coordinating and staffing community outreach events
· Assisting Campaign Director with donor development
· Creating and post content on social media
· Maintaining our donor, member, and elected official databases
We are looking for a passionate and experienced organizer to join our team. The ideal candidate has at least one year of experience working on either an electoral field campaign or a managing a fundraising canvass program.
In addition to a fun and casual work environment, we offer:
· Fully paid healthcare
· Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Free team lunch every Friday
· Opportunity to learn and grow your organizing skills with the help of a supportive
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, self-directed, and organized professional who wants to learn and grow while working on a groundbreaking campaign.
You possess the following skills and attributes:
· Bachelors degree
· Minimum one year experience on a political campaign or managing a fundraising canvass program
· Be comfortable talking with people from all backgrounds and political persuasions
· Strong written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
· Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
· Ability to, at certain times of the year, work in a fast paced campaign environment
· Good sense of humor and ability to go with the flow
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accept applications from qualified candidates until the position has been filled. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
For a brief rundown of Prop. 13 check out this 3 minute video
by Robert Reich: http://www.evolve-ca.org/robert-reich-endorsement/
We offer fully paid healthcare, vacation days, sick days, and holidays.
Minimum Education Required