Details: The Finance Manager salary will be competitive with other companies of comparable stature and size.
39 Conestoga Road
People’s Light, a LORT D theater located outside of Philadelphia, seeks an experienced Finance Manager. Now in its 44th season, People’s Light is a nationally recognized civic and cultural center with an award-winning theatre company at its core. Located in Chester County, PA, People’s Light is one of the largest and most successful arts organizations in its region.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager will be responsible for processing payroll, tracking daily cash flow, handling certain prepaid accounts and providing other analysis and support as directed.
- Process payroll (monthly, bi-weekly and weekly) including obtaining all necessary paperwork and approvals and preparing payroll journal entries
- Calculate daily cash flow requirements and manage transfers between accounts when necessary and appropriate
- Maintain the PP&E ledger
- Maintain certain general ledger accounts including investment rollforward, prepaid accounts and accrued expenses
- Process daily deposits
- Prepare annual 1099 forms
- Assist with annual audit and tax form filing
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures. Initiate improvements to procedures as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Finance
Skills and Knowledge:
- College degree required. Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
- At least three years accounting experience and knowledge of GAAP required, non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience with general ledger software preferred. Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- Attention to detail, the ability to exercise discretion and strong organization skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, strong communication skills and problem-solving ability are all necessary.
Benefits will include the following:
- Medical/dental/life/disability insurance plans (largely employer funded);
- Defined Contribution Plan through TIAA-CREF
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Erica Ezold, Director of Finance.
People’s Light is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.