Details: Pay commensurates with education and experience.
P.O. Box 4185
Jolt Action and Jolt Initiative are seeking an individual to work directly with the Communications Director to assist in creative development, social media management, website administration, and the execution of digital communications campaigns.
Jolt is a youth membership organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos to build a stronger Texas and democracy. Jolt supports its members to make systemic change on racial, economic, environmental and gender justice. Jolt supports young people to self-organize through chapters that focus on voter registration/mobilization, issue and cultural organizing.
Founded in 2016, Jolt organizes the Latino community in Texas to determine what happens on school boards, at the Governor’s Mansion, and all the way to Congress to ensure our government works for working families of color. Jolt seeks to build a movement that shifts the balance of power from a few dominant corporate interests into the hands of working people and communities of color in one of the nation’s largest “majority minority” states. Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population, but demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Help manage Jolt’s Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other online platforms
- Draft blog, emails, and website content
- Capture content of actions and demonstrations happening locally
- Support the Communications Director in collecting relevant and topical news stories
- Research and distribute information on current events, relevant legislation, trends, and pop culture
- Assist in production of Jolt’s Voces podcast and other multimedia content
- Archive past campaign creative materials and analytics
- Extensive knowledge of Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Knowledge of WordPress or HTML a plus
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Flexibility, good time management, and attention to detail
- Self-directed, proactive and solutions-driven
- A commitment to social justice
- An interest and understanding of trends, pop culture and news
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and commitment
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports directly to the Communications Director. The Digital Media Content Specialist should reside in Austin or Dallas Texas, though other locations may be considered.
This is a part time position with the opportunity to be full time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and a relevant writing sample to email listed.