Details: Competitive salary and health insurance allowance
Democratic Republic of the Congo
GiveDirectly - an organization reshaping international aid by delivering cash grants directly to the world’s poorest - is hiring an exceptional Country Director to build and grow our operations in the DRC. See here for more info and to apply.
GiveDirectly has delivered grants to over 100,000 households since launching in 2011, receiving coverage from The Economist, The New York Times Magazine, and The Guardian, and being named one of the world’s most innovative non-profits by Fast Company.
The Country Director will:
- Hire, train and manage a team of country-level management staff;
- Set and deliver on annual targets (inc. budgets, work-plans, operational metrics, etc.);
- Build capacity for the country office to scale;
- Develop relationships with donors and government, including obtaining government approvals;
- Identify and mitigate risk.
We are looking for world-class candidates with:
- The ability to rapidly assess and understand complex operating environments with a view to the long-term (i.e. building an organization that can double in a year);
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced and nimble workplace, where ownership means creating new playbooks for success;
- A high degree of autonomy, grit, and resilience;
- A meaningful track record of building and managing teams in professional environments preferred;
- Working-level French strongly preferred;
- Experience working in insecure environments preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Working-level English required
- Working-level French strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required