DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY CULTIVATION
- Job posted by Clinton Housing Development Company Inc. - New York
Nature of Work
The Department of Community Cultivation at CHDC is responsible for building community in the Hell’s Kitchen Neighborhood by facilitating connections between the diverse members of the CHDC network, including staff, tenants and community partners.
The Deputy Director will have the primary responsibility of supervising all department staff; developing programming for CHDC staff and tenants; managing community initiatives such as annual neighborhood-wide events; and developing and maintaining partnerships with neighborhood and city organizations. Key roles include facilitating relationships between neighborhood residents, businesses, organizations, local elected officials and a range of community stakeholders to effect social change and improve the quality of life in Hell’s Kitchen.
Projects of the Community Cultivation Department have included a neighborhood-wide greening initiative; The Hell’s Kitchen Farm Project (www.hkfp.org); and the HKNY Key Parks, a network of small pocket parks, among many others.
Experience helpful in the following areas: community development, community organizing, event planning, strategic planning, meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, team building, and group dynamics work.
- Identify neighborhood needs with community members and neighborhood organizations
- Build upon existing community relationships and resources to advance programmatic and organizational goals
- Develop new community partnerships that align with organizational mission and values
- Develop strategy and communications around integrating greening initiatives, community partnerships and programming for CHDC staff and tenants
- Strategically plan annual calendar of community events and activities
- Supervise and collaborate with social service providers and housing management staff to develop and implement new and existing tenant and staff programs.
- Manage departmental budget
- Supervise departmental staff of 3+ people
- Encourage and contribute to the professional growth and development of department staff
- Maintain a culture of collaboration and creativity within Community Cultivation Department and the organization as a whole
- Program management experience (3+ years)
- Supervisory experience (3+ years)
- Master’s Degree in related field (or equivalent job experience)
- Relationship and community building skills with demonstrated commitment to building community on a local level
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with diverse and underserved populations across boundaries of class and race
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a team environment with multiple assignments
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to the above email address with the specific job that your applying for as the subject.