The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), a non-governmental, not-for-profit International organization dedicated to addressing refugees and immigrants' needs and rights. For over 100 years, the unwavering commitment of our leadership, team, network of service providers, and advocates has helped redirect the destiny of countless vulnerable lives. In neighborhoods, in Washington, DC, and around the world, we break down barriers and demand justice for refugees and immigrants as they successfully integrate into new communities. We provide essential social and legal services to rebuild productive lives, turning tragedy into prosperity. We are a purpose driven organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in forced or voluntary migration worldwide and supporting their transition to a dignified life. To learn more about our work, please visit our website at www.refugees.org.
The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) seeks an experienced Director of Human Resources to serve the organization as a strategist and thought leader, culture leader, change agent, and innovator to identify organizational strengths, vulnerabilities, and opportunities. Equally critical is the Director's role as a relationship-builder across the organization. This position works closely with the CEO to ensure accurate, responsive, high-quality human resources support in a service-focused environment. The Director partners with the Executive Team and Program Directors to focus on productive relationships and efficient HR processes throughout the organization. The Director will supervise five full-time staff:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job duties indicated is not be an exhaustive statement and other job-related duties may be assigned as required by the supervisor(s).
· Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressive human resources leadership experience is required; Master's degree in HR preferred;
· SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred;
· Demonstrated expertise in HR strategy and thought leadership;
· Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to the executive team on cultural, workforce, and business issues;
· Active collaborator and relationship-builder with key business and functional partners;
· Outstanding customer service orientation with a demonstrated understanding of the nonprofit sector; experience working in the nonprofit sector is strongly preferred;
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills enabling effective and concise communication with diverse audiences including board members, executive leadership, people managers and staff; and
· Domestic travel periodically required.
· Satisfactory completion of USCRI’s Orientation and Training; and
· Complete additional training as identified by supervisor.
· Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English;
· Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity;
· Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands;
· Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying; and
· Quantitative/mathematical ability (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, standard measurements).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a resume with cover letter describing your interest and qualifications with your online application.
No telephone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer.
The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), a non-governmental, not-for-profit International organization dedicated to addressing refugees and immigrants' needs and rights. For over 100 years, the unwavering commitment of our…
Provide excellent benefits package.
Provide excellent benefits package.