Providence House, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization that helps transform the lives of homeless, abused, and formerly incarcerated women and their children one family at a time. Our programs provide shelter and support through our network of transitional residences, individual apartments and permanent supportive housing located in Brooklyn, Queens and New Rochelle, New York. Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness and return to incarceration by assisting our residents to obtain education and training, learn job skills, gain employment, and, ultimately, find a permanent home for their families.
The Clinical Social Worker is responsible for providing oversight and coordination of all case management and clinical services offered at the Providence House Supportive Housing facility, ensuring day-to-day compliance with all mandates and program policies, as well as maintaining program documentation. In the absence of the Program Director, the Clinical Social Worker will oversee day-to-day facility operation and supervision of case management staff. The position may include occasional evening and weekend work hours.
- Provide case management oversight, monitoring each individual resident’s treatment plan.
- Ensures the use of trauma-informed interventions and methodologies throughout the facility to provide client entered services that keep them housing.
- Utilize skills regarding crisis prevention and intervention, and ensures all staff is prepared.
- Make sure all staff assists residents to build upon their strengths and recognize their needs in a respectful manner.
- Ensure residents’ compliance with maintenance and upkeep requirements of their apartments.
- Be knowledgeable of community resources and refer clients as needed.
- Oversee the organization and facilitation of social and recreational activities designed to promote community involvement and peer support.
- Work with the Case Manager and Case Aide to ensure that residents are linked with services such as employment, education, tutoring and/or mentoring.
- Attend trainings that increase knowledge of effectively meeting client’s needs, including co-occurring disorders, harm reduction, and cultural competence.
- When appropriate and necessary, assist clients in assessing housing needs and arranging financial resources.
- Provide case management services in the absence of the case manager.
- Work as a Providence House team member with all staff and volunteers in order to implement the mission and core values of the agency.
- Conduct regular internal and external agency meetings.
- Work as part of team to plan and develop residents programs.
- Keep accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients. Including but not limited to, treatment plans, case notes, etc.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner that ensures payment to the agency from various sources.
- Assists with any and all data collection systems.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker Certification (LCSW).
- Three year experience working with the formerly homeless, mentally ill population.
- Experience with long-term homeless, low income and diverse populations.
- Have working knowledge of major psychiatric disorders and chemical use/abuse/misuse and addition to alcohol and other drugs.
- Competent technology management skills, including proficiency with using Microsoft Office; client database management.
- The Clinical Social Worker position is a full time, salaried position. Hours worked will be weekdays at least 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m, or at a mutually agreed-upon schedule. Evening and/or weekend work also may be required.
- The office location for this position in Brooklyn, New York.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary range is competitive. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick leave, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits, a 403(B) voluntary tax deferred annuity plan, pension benefits, commuter benefits and employment assistance program (EAP).
Minimum Education Required