22 Grand Street
Who we are.
We are Foundation Academies. We are the largest charter organization in New Jersey’s capital city, Trenton, serving more than 1,000 of the city’s K-12 population across four schools. We believe every child deserves access to a high-quality education and we work relentlessly to ensure this happens.
We are a team of experienced and mission-driven, urban educators. We value growth mindsets, lifelong learners and individuals who believe that every child deserves an excellent education. We hold ourselves, our students, and our city to high-standards because that’s what our families deserve.
We are conveniently located a quick car ride to downtown Princeton, a 45-minute SEPTA ride to Philly’s Center City, and a hop on the NJ Transit Express to New York City.
We are Trenton and we are proud of it!
Who you are.
You are committed and you are determined. You understand that to actualize education reform in a revitalizing city is hard, hard work - no getting around it. But you are ready, hungry, and already rolling-up your sleeves as you read the rest of this post...
We seek a highly committed and talented Spanish Teacher to be part of our Foundation Collegiate Academy Team who:
- Preferably has two plus years working with students in an urban or low-income setting and understands how to get them excited about learning. Preparing them for the nation’s finest colleges
- Performs daily teaching tasks such as, but not limited to: grade level meetings, planning educational trips, lunch duties and any other things that will make you awesome at your job
- Works closely with colleagues to build a cohesive school culture of success
- Extensively plans curriculum for the academic year, working closely with direct and the department to drive instruction
- Analyzes data on daily, weekly, and monthly basis with progress monitoring
- Updates student performance trackers and uses data to help guide your plans
- Communicates consistently with families about student progress
Want to join our FAmily?
We work hard, but thankfully have fun doing it! Here are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive starting salary with merit-based pay increases annually
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- Tax deferred 403b retirement account with 25% matching up to a certain amount
- Independent, conflict-free, financial consulting through Holberg Financial
- Smartphone and fully paid wireless plan through Verizon
- Work laptop
- Making a positive impact in the lives of some pretty awesome kids
- Commitment to living out our mission
- Possess or are eligible for NJ certification in Teacher of Spanish
- Has a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 (if graduated after Sept 2015) or 2.75 (before Sept 2015) for certification requirements; exceptions made in the case of exceptionally high praxis score
Supporting/Additional Documents Requested
- Semifinalist candidates will be required to provide unofficial transcripts, evidence of certification/eligibility, and 3 professional references.
- Hired candidates are responsible for the following: official transcripts, criminal clearance (fingerprinting), and medical clearance (TB/Mantoux testing).
Minimum Education Required