The Alumni and Media Relations Coordinator
Washington Family Engagement is looking to hire a self-motivated, highly creative, experienced Alumni and Media Relations Coordinator to join its team. The applicant must live in the Puget Sound area of Washington State. This position supports and maintains a vibrant and active Washington Leadership Network (WALeN) and uses media relations and communication strategies to inform the public about Washington Family Engagement and the work of its Leadership Network.
- Develop infrastructure and create and implement strategies to engage alumni and support their continuous leadership development.
- Organize and empower alumni by facilitating their identification of annual priorities and assisting them to plan, coordinate and publicize initiatives and activities.
- Develop partnerships with community organizations, school districts, media outlets, and others who can support alumni and WALeN’s activities.
- Create and maintain a database of Alumni information, partners, media, and publicity contacts.
- Identify opportunities for public policy advocacy aligned with Alumni’s interests and support alumni’s participation. Develop relationships with local and state public officials.
- Write and publish a monthly e-newsletter for WALeN members highlighting Alumni stories, initiatives, projects, opportunities, etc.
- Post relevant and timely information related to public services, job announcements,
- volunteer opportunities, events, etc. on social media (Facebook page, Tweeter, Instagram).
- Monitor and update information on the WAFE Website.
- Using visual art tools, create publicity materials to advertise and inform the public about the Parent and Children Leadership Training Institutes and WALeN’s work.
- Help alumni develop and plan trainings, community presentations, public forums and other virtual events open to the public.
- Identify and recruit outside presenters, trainers, speakers as needed for WALeN activities.
- -Make internal and external presentations about WALeN to the WAFE Board, community partners, agencies, corporations and at professional meetings and conferences.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Partnerships Director, and other staff to develop and implement marketing and public relation strategies for Washington Family Engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or relevant degree.
- Highly organized, detailed, self-starter team player with good listening and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working remotely and functioning as part of a virtual team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and highly effective at developing interpersonal relations. Spanish language written and spoken skills highly desirable
- 3 to 5 five years of experience in media and social media communications, marketing, visual/graphic arts, or related.
- 3 to 5 years of event planning experience and skills convening, leading, and facilitating groups to meet established goals.
- Experience writing e-newsletters, press releases, blogs.
- High level of expertise in Excel, PowerPoint and other office and creative visual art online tools (subscriptions provided).
- Experience using online tools to conduct presentations, facilitate meetings, workshops, trainings.
- Familiarity with nonprofit organization work and functions.
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally and work effectively with linguistically, racially, culturally, and socio-economically diverse groups of all ages.
- Personal commitment to equity and social justice and sincere understanding of the organization’s mission, values and the importance of leadership and civic engagement.