Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working with a Fundraising Consultant, the Development Manager and Board Liaison will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing fundraising plans, campaigns, procedures and systems to support the organization’s strategic growth. She/he will facilitate communications with the Board of Directors and coordinate meetings of the Board and its committees. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, detail and systems oriented, and an effective communicator and collaborator. This is an excellent position for someone who is looking to expand their career experience by joining a small, dynamic and growing arts organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with the Executive Director on the development and implementation of year-long fundraising plans for a portfolio of government, foundations and corporate donors.
· Research, identify, qualify, and support the Executive Director in the cultivation of new and ongoing donors.
· Maintain a growing pipeline of prospective donors through research.
· Coordinate donor meetings with Board members and/or Executive Director.
· Working with the Communications Coordinator, grow donor base through online and offline donor solicitation strategies.
· Assist in the creation and implementation of membership and major gifts programs. Process members’ requests, payments and other functions.
· Work with the program team to compile program descriptions, outcomes and other data for the writing of proposals and reports.
· Write proposals and letters of interest. Compile support materials and submit foundation, government and corporate proposals and reports.
· Support the Fundraising Consultant through the coordination of proposal submissions, including preparation of support materials, budgets, and other funder requirements.
· Work with the finance team to complete reports for internal and external stakeholders, including donors, board members and Executive Director.
· Prepare regular fundraising reports for presentation to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
· Produce and manage calendars of proposals and reports. Ensure compliance with governmental sites and perform updates (Grants Gateway, HHS, SAM, etc.)
· Track all grants, proposal deliverables and donor movements on CRM database (Salesforce). Perform donor data entry as needed, including managing donation processing and data hygiene of records into Salesforce.
· Serve as liaison to Board members; help organize board calendar of meetings, distribute board packets and work with members to process board donations.
· Other responsibilities as needed to support the development operations.
Position Requirements, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate degree preferred.
· 3-5 years of experience in fundraising and donor/grant management.
· Strong writer; preference for candidates with grant research and writing experience.
· Strong interpersonal, problem solving, planning and organizational skills, and the ability to handle several duties simultaneously.
· Self-sufficient and proactive.
· Comfortable knowledge of Salesforce CRM database. Previous experience with other CRM databases a plus.
· Proficient with MS Office Suite and Google docs.
· Comfort in a fast-paced, growing organization.
· Dependable and reliable.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor.
· Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
· A commitment to BCA’s mission and values.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com - with subject line “Fundraising Manager and Board Liaison Position”. No phone calls please.
Bronx Council on the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Closing Date: Position open until filled.