Details: $20.50 per hour depending on experience
About Treehouse: Join a team that is passionately committed to helping every child in foster care succeed in school and in life! Treehouse staff and volunteers improve educational outcomes for youth in foster care by providing direct service education support and access to essential needs that all kids equally deserve. We also work at the legislative level to help develop, lead, and pass landmark reforms to reduce the inequities in the system that limit our youth from achieving their full potential.
Treehouse is a well-loved, community-based agency uniquely committed to partnering with schools, government agencies, caregivers, social workers, and funders to change the trajectory of kids in foster care by helping them graduate high school at the same rate as their peers with a plan for the future.
Treehouse values diversity and it is expressed in all aspects of our work, from the individuals and communities we serve to our organizational culture and our employees. We value the new possibilities that are created when diverse people, beliefs and perspectives are included in our work. We welcome alumni of care and encourage qualified individuals of every race, national origin, religion, age, disability or ability status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression to apply.
Treehouse currently has an opening for a Launch Success Coach on our Programs Team. This is regular, full-time, non-exempt position based in King County.
Launch Success Coaches work with adults who are post high school up to age 26 and have participated in Treehouse programs for youth in foster care. Participants transition from working with an Education Specialist in Graduation Success during high school to a Launch Success Coach responsible for the following duties.
Manage an assigned caseload using established procedures which include:
- Coach/mentor participants in life skills including problem solving, self-advocacy, academic mindset, self-regulation, persistence, and positive goal obtainment.
- Identify individualized level of service and support necessary to support participants in the key areas of establishing goals, completing educational/vocational training, job attainment and retention, housing and life stability.
- Using established tools, systematically evaluate participant basic needs, educational, technical or vocational training needs and/or work and career objectives to launch successfully into adulthood.
- Work collaboratively with previously assigned high school Education Specialist to continue support of goals and support needs into adulthood.
- Develop and support an appropriate team for every participant by building effective ongoing relationships with social workers, caregivers and community service providers.
- Maintain accurate and complete records including case notes, participant support needs, consent forms and support team contact information.
- Administer career, educational readiness and other assessments.
Please refer to full job description by following this link, www.treehouseforkids.org/careers, to review a complete list of essential and secondary functions. Once on the careers page click "Other Job Openings" to see open positions.
Salary and Benefits: The starting rate for this position is $20.50 per hour depending on experience. Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available. We also allow dogs at work and enjoy regular employee social events!
Applying for this position:
Submit cover letter and resume on our website at: http://www.treehouseforkids.org/about/careers/job-openings/. Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application system as a result of a disability, you may request an accommodation by contacting the Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available. We also allow dogs at work and enjoy regular employee social events!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.