Details: This position offers a competitive local Guatemalan salary
Mayan Families is a growing and vibrant registered 501.c.3 non-profit organization that provides opportunities and assistance to the indigenous and impoverished people of Guatemala through a wide variety of programs that focus on education and community development. We are currently seeking a Manager for our Artisan Program.
Through sales of handmade products, the Mayan Families Artisan Program provides employment opportunities for family members of our sponsored students, microloan recipients and graduates of our sewing school. In a country and region where many artisans are subject to poor wages and mistreatment due to lack of education and contact with foreign markets, our program strives to offer consistent, and reliable work with fair and timely compensation. This program is doubly beneficial as proceeds generated through artisan program sales support other Mayan Families programs.
- Oversee and operate all aspects of the Mayan Families Artisan Program, including overseeing all budgeting, expenses and stock control, developing new products, and seeking new markets for products while working with colleagues and artisans to complete all tasks and fulfill all orders.
- Cultivate new markets for product sales and work with existing clients with a focus on create larger or more sustainable orders
- Managing onsite Artisan Store in Mayan Families HQ, which includes tending to customers, controlling inventory and stock, handling cash drawer and taking credit card payments.
- Oversee all custom orders, both locally and abroad, and ensure delivery of all orders.
- Manage and oversee Artisan Program budgets
- Create a strategic planning model and implement new initiatives that will help achieve short-term and long-term program goals
- Implement new strategies for providing education and business training programs for our artisan partners
- Oversee program’s Monitoring and Evaluation Plan to analyze project effectiveness and make improvements to create a better more sustainable program
- Ensure online sites are always up to date with the latest stock available, ensure orders are being fulfilled and work with Communications & Marketing Manager to increase sales and interest in the Artisan Program
- Bachelor's Degree or higher required, plus 2-4 years of related work experience. Preferred degrees include: International Studies, Development, Nonprofit Management, Business
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Good project management skills and ability to pay attention to the qualitative and quantitative trends.
- Experience creating budgets and managing finances
- Understanding of merchandise/ product marketing and sales
- Knowledge of ecommerce sites and practices (such as Etsy)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills- able to express compelling stories and communicate in a professional manner with donors, clients, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team without close supervision.
- Ability to speak with confidence about social enterprises
- Customer service skills
- Understanding of women’s issues within Guatemala
- Desire to work closely with indigenous Guatemalan artisan women and Guatemalan colleagues
- Experience living and working in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in Latin America or with indigenous people.
- Understanding of social and economic issues facing indigenous Guatemalans.
- At least 2 years in sales and marketing experience
- Some product design skills are required; experience is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Salesforce
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write "Artisan Program Manager" as the subject of the email.
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
For more information please visit www.mayanfamilies.org