Part-time • Starts late June, ends December 31, 2018 • Competitive pay • Excellent benefits • Work from anywhere in continental U.S.
Our country is in a crisis, and stakes in 2018 couldn’t be higher. Since Donald Trump took office, MoveOn members have been a pillar of the resistance to the radical policies coming out of Congress and the White House. In this election, MoveOn will mobilize a grassroots wave to take back our government and create a nation where all can thrive—one marked by justice, sustainability, economic security, peace, and mutual care
Equity Project Manager:
We are looking for a 20-25 hour per week team member (or outside consultant) to support the next phase of MoveOn’s equity work, from now through the end of December. They’ll report to Director of Organizational Development & HR, and work closely with our Equity Working Group.
- Facilitate and provide hands-on staff support for the next phase of equity work, including:
- Equity Working Group: Develop agendas, schedule, and convene equity working group meetings and subgroups -- workshopping internally as needed with relevant stakeholders; Draft updates to all staff as appropriate
- Caucuses and Working Groups: Develop and implement a game plan for race, gender, sexual orientation and class-based caucuses and working groups, engaging external facilitators where appropriate, and ensure that there are topics or plans for each call; determine need for additional caucuses or working groups (such as a men’s working group); schedule these groups and ensure necessary logistical support is provided
- Equity Assessment: Project-manage finding and working with a contractor to write a memo based on the pre-retreat assessment
- Virtual Trainings: Project manage and drive decision-making around 3 virtual trainings, including internal coordination and coordination with the trainers from AORTA
- Support the Director of HR & Organizational Development and the Equity Work Group in crafting a longer-term Equity & Organizational Development Work Plan.
- Track & Document equity work across teams. Various MoveOn teams are doing their own equity work and it is important to track and document the work to help teams develop measurement tools and benchmarks.
- Support Staff: Help respond to new requests coming from staff for coaching or support -- either directly supporting, or by identifying the appropriate resources and support. Follow up with staff on internal team equity plans.
- Other Equity Projects: Project manage and drive decision-making around prioritizing other tasks, projects, and ideas that came out of the retreat -- this could include creating and managing subgroups of the EWG to drive these tasks. Some example of this include trainings for language we use in public-facing communications, etc.
This role reports to the Director of Organizational Development and HR, with close consultation with the Election Program Managing Director, the c4 Executive Director, the PAC Executive Director, and the Equity Working Group.
Skills and Experience:
- Project management skills, including strong track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Strong vision for equity work within the progressive movement
- Ability to manage up and to manage peers
- Experience with stakeholder engagement
- Deep experience with racial equity and anti-oppression work
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Part-time; benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; floating and all-staff holidays; and reimbursement of home office expenses
To Apply: Please submit an application here.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Go to https://grnh.se/40f14ea11 to apply