About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
This position is for a fundraising professional who loves CommUnity! The Manhattan Campaign Development Executive/Senior Development Executive has primary responsibility of developing a UJA CommUnity fundraising culture within specific neighborhoods, working with individual donors and Jewish communal organizations. This fundraiser will have ultimate accountability for achieving their campaign goals. They will be responsible for maintaining quality relationships with all significant lay leadership within their fundraising assignments.
· Develop a strategic engagement and fundraising plan for Neighborhood Engagement. This professional will work with Jewish communal institutions to engage membership in UJA’s work and increase family engagement.
· Develop Major Gifts strategy for donor prospects including identification, stewardship, and solicitation of these donors.
· Understand and communicate the UJA-Federation mission and case to lay leadership and the community.
· Build positive UJA-Federation brand awareness among the division’s targeted age group of Jewish New Yorkers.
· Develop innovative strategies and cultivate strong relationships with high potential donors to encourage greater levels of donor engagement and commitment to the campaign.
· Develop a long-term plan regarding leadership development to assure quality lay leadership for upcoming and successive campaigns.
· Maintain a direct portfolio of donors and prospects; work with lay leaders and staff to cultivate, maximize opportunities for relationship building, engage and solicit donors to increase dollars raised and expand donor base.
· Communicate and follow up appropriately within the organization to effectively utilize its central resources such as; Print Shop, Speakers Bureau, Marketing & Communications and IT.
· Attend and participate in weekly team meetings.
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Five plus years of fundraising experience
· Strategic planning skills with an ability to multi-task. Strong organizational skills
· Creative thinker
· Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and using remote tools (Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
· Team player
· Strong knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community
· Strong negotiation and consensus building skills
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
· Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
· Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
· Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our…
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com…