Details: Competitive non-profit compensation
801 Van Guard Road
To eliminate sexual assault and domestic violence and to empower survivors through advocacy and social change in and around Oakland County.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager plays an integral role in HAVEN’s fundraising and marketing efforts. The Development Manager will provide leadership for HAVEN’s two signature fundraising events, manage third party events and oversee agency tours. Additionally, the Development Manager will support the Development Director with donor identification, stewardship and solicitation in order to ensure departmental goals related to events, annual fund and special campaigns are met. The Development Manager will assist with development operations, marketing efforts, website management and collateral development to ensure agency branding, reputational health and fundraising goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, public relations or related field
- Experience in development operations, non-profit fundraising, special events, public relations and communications
- Outstanding people skills including ability to deal with business and community leaders and build relationships
- Demonstrated leadership success and supervisory experience
- Must be articulate, persuasive and persistent.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and social media platforms.
- Ability to carry a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Must have availability to work a flexible work schedule, which includes evenings and weekends as event preparation and execution requires.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify prospects, cultivate relationships and provide service and recognition to donors
- Assist in managing relationships with donors while continually seeking opportunities to further donors’ connections to Agency
- Responsible for planning and production on all signature fundraising events, including creative concept, budget, securing sponsorship, auction oversight, committee recruitment and staffing, event logistics and details.
- Actively participate in discussions/department meetings with regard to fundraising goals and coordination of new initiatives
- Cultivate relationships to ensure that HAVEN is adopted by individuals, organizations and businesses to receive philanthropic support through direct donations, directed in-kind giving, or third-party events
- Proposal research, writing, preparation, presentation and negotiation
- Direct solicitation of in-kind, cash, planned and donated service gifts
- In partnership with Marketing/PR, assists in the creation of promotional materials associated with fundraising initiatives, which could include, event invitations, flyers, PowerPoint presentations and other collateral
- May assist with agency’s social media message to ensure promotion of events and key messages
- Supports maintenance of agency website
- Recommends strategy and provides initiatives for annual goals, new donor acquisitions and donor renewals
- Assist in recruitment, orientation and training of new development staff
- special events planning: 2 years
- Raiser's Edge: 1 year
- Development or non-profit fundraising: 2 years
- working with Business and Community Leaders: 2 years
HAVEN offers a generous benefit package for full-time employees including:
- Health Care
- 401K with employer match
- Vacation and holiday pay
- and more
HAVEN is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or other marginalized identities. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required