Details: Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience
The American Technion Society supports visionary education and world-changing impact through the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. Based in New York City, we represent thousands of US donors, alumni and stakeholders who invest in the Technion’s growth and innovation to advance critical research and technologies that serve the State of Israel and the global good. Over more than 75 years, our nationwide supporter network has funded new Technion scholarships, research, labs and facilities that have helped deliver world-changing contributions and extend Technion education to campuses on three continents.
The Advancement Services team is seeking a Gift Processing/Reporting Associate. The successful candidate will have experience that demonstrates an understanding of the principles of financial operational and analysis reporting. S/he is part of the Advancement Services team that ensures philanthropic gifts are accepted, recorded, receipted and reported in a timely and accurate manner. The Gift Processing/Reporting Associate maintains a standard of accuracy and efficiency with a significant level of confidentiality due to the sensitive donor/constituent client information relative to gift processing.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processes batches to record gifts into Raiser’s Edge software as advised.
- Accurately calculates and applies any Quid Pro Quo or other amount that may reduce the tax deductibility of a gift.
- Ensures workflow meets monthly close deadlines and other financial deadlines, checking work to ensure recordings are accurate and timely.
- Records expectancies, revocable and irrevocable trusts, and other planned giving instruments.
- Supports special events planning to ensure accuracy in recording event gift income, inventory of auction items, and cash reconciliation.
- Ensures all In Memory of and In Honor Gifts are recorded accurately with timely acknowledgment.
- Records and reviews major gift entries as well as reviews and interpret gift agreements to ensure accurate processing.
- Acknowledges and responds to all matching gift enquiries.
- Researches possible matching gift opportunities.
Compliant Receipts – IRS and other regulatory agencies
- Ensures accuracy in receipts is compliant with governing laws and regulations.
- Handles special receipt requests when needed.
- Assists the Finance Office with yearly audits.
- Handles all broker to Finance Office stock transfers.
- Creates new biographical entities for individuals and organizations.
- Creates segmented, dynamic mail lists.
- Processes NCOA updates.
- Generate Raiser’s Edge reports.
- Assist with other technical tasks.
· Three to five years related experience in a non-profit gift administration role.
· Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of standards related to gift administration such as CASE Standards, FASB Accounting rules, and IRS guidelines.
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
· Experience with recording a variety of philanthropic gifts.
· Must be energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong interpersonal and writing skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· The successful candidate must possess the capacity to work well with varying levels of management and be flexible in nature, while exercising independent decision-making and discretion.
· Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional work quality.
· A commitment to the vision and mission of the ATS.
This is a non-exempt position. ATS offers a competitive salary, dependent upon experience.
ATS offers a generous benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter demonstrating your interest in this position via this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ats&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
American Technion Society offers a generous benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please submit resume and a cover letter demonstrating your interest in this position to: