1930 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 208
The Eviction Defense Network (EDN) is a nonprofit law corporation that defends low-income tenants in eviction proceedings. EDN was created in 2003 to widen access to legal representation in the face of increasing evictions in Los Angeles, particularly to underserved immigrant communities. EDN increases access to justice by providing legal representation to low-income tenants through sliding scale and below market fees based on income.
EDN represents tenants in all stages of eviction proceedings pretrial, trial and post-trial with a heavy emphasis on jury trials.
- Active membership in the State Bar of California
- 1-3 years
- Knowledge of landlord-tenant, housing law, rent control, and the eviction process preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the needs of low-income persons
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Ability to collaborate with other community agencies in the delivery of services
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, able to learn quickly
Salary COE, paid court holidays, vacation, bar dues, health insurance and Metro pass.
Minimum Education Required