Details: $20.18-$21.49 per hour
174 East 104th Street
Job Description – SITE DIRECTOR (part-time)
OUR MISSION: Committed to achievement for all New York City youth, Roads to Success promotes academic, personal and professional development through out-of-school-time programs built on a philosophy of self-discovery. We create and sustain an environment where young people find their identity, build their independence and practice generosity in their communities.
OUR VISION: Roads to Success is dedicated to helping young people discover the self-esteem, self-reliance and empathy necessary to become future leaders and driving forces of positive change. We are led by a passionate community of young educators—a lead-by-example staff who are dedicated that all of New York City’s young people are given a fair and equitable chance to fulfill their dreams.
PROGRAM DESIGN: RTS operates After School Programs and Summer Camps in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx. Our programs are designed to expose young people to a wide range of creative learning activities in the areas of science, music, sports, preforming arts, technology, and much more. RTS emphasizes the youth development practice of the Circle of Courage in all our programs; creating an environment of Belonging,where young people can build their Independence,find and develop their Mastery skill, and practice Generosity in their communities.At the core of our programs are staff training strategy that enables our young professionals to develop extraordinarily meaningful relationships with the young people in their care who we call Our Future Leaders because that is what they all are.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The primary functions of the Site Director are threefold: i) to ensure that the RTS mission and vision of positive youth development is carried into practice at program, ii) to ensure that program staff are clear on program goals, are given the direction and support they need to achieve those goals, are given regular and meaningful feedback on their work, are valued as employees, and are given multiple opportunities to grow and learn, and iii) to build and maintain positive relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Supervisor: Senior Program Director
- Supervises: Program Staff and School Age Students
- Max Hours: 30 per week (based on 1:00 – 6:00pm)
- Days: 5 per week (based on Monday – Friday)
- Location: 9301 Avenue B, Brooklyn, NY 11236
- Compensation: Hourly (based on experience, educational level, and responsibilities)
- Develop, train, and supervise all staff members.
- Manage staff evaluation process and conduct mid-year and end-year evaluations.
- Manage program projects and contracts.
- Maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders such as school administration, participants and parents.
- Work with the Educational Specialist to ensure age-appropriate and engaging programming.
- Work with HR Manager to ensure proper staffing and staff paperwork for program site.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure proper licensing and program supply budget.
- Work with the Senior Program Director to manage logistics and quality of program.
- Ensure program database is updated weekly such as attendance, work scope, program schedule, etc.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or requested by the Senior Program Director.
**Additional responsibilities for Tuition Based sites**
- Maintain program enrollment and monitor rate of participation.
- A degree in Education or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Candidates familiar with SAAC credentials and DOH/DYCD regulations is preferred.
- Must have two years of experience in supervision and program development.
- Must have at least four years of experience in an academic/recreation setting.
- To be motivated, energetic, punctual, and exhibit a positive attitude to be an excellent role model.
- Ability to lead, teach, and interact with school administration, community, parents, students, and staff.
Minimum Education Required