YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
working as a member of the Action Against Hunger -USA Technical Department and specific focal point for food security and livelihood for a portfolio of countries. The Technical Advisor will inform the development and implementation of Food Security & Livelihood (FSL) interventions, will contribute to the technical strategy within a multi-sectoral approach, and will lead global FSL sector representation, development and learning.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Advising FSL programs in Nigeria or Cambodia, Haiti and Pakistan.
- Providing support to HR on the identification, selection and orientation of technical field staff.
- Supporting the Associate Director, Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience in the identification, development and advancement of good practices and technical resources.
- Supporting the Associate Director, Undernutrition Prevention & Resilience in the technical representation, coordination and communication at internal and external level.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You are a seasoned humanitarian professional with technical expertise in FSL
- You have a Post-Graduate degree (Master’s Degree or higher preferred) in Agronomy, Food Science, Socio-economics, Economics, Anthropology or similar.
- You have at least 3 years previous work in programs overseas with an international humanitarian organization.
You have an extensive experience
- Working in different countries/contexts, emergency and post-crisis, in all the steps of the Project Cycle Management;
- Working with the main humanitarian donors, knowing proposals and reporting requirements.
You are flexible, adaptable, dynamic and enthusiastic
- You are motivated to work within the humanitarian sector and to link it to other initiatives (research, external communication, outreach, etc.).
- You can present clear ideas and arguments, providing distance support, training and influence.
- You are proactive, autonomous, and reliable.
To view our benefits, please visit:
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this role, and view the job description, please visit: