190 Cummins Highway
Introducing Brooke’s 8th Grade Academy
In August of 2018, Brooke will welcome its inaugural class to the 8th Grade Academy. Due to increased enrollment at our K-8 campuses, we are converting Brooke Roslindale, Brooke Mattapan, and Brooke East Boston to K-7 campuses and launching Brooke 8th Grade Academy which will be solely devoted to 8th graders. The Academy will also serve as a way to help prepare students to transition from their elementary campuses to high school.
Teachers who thrive at Brooke are those committed to developing strong relationships with their students and challenging them daily to be their best selves, academically and personally. They tend to be passionate instructors and hungry learners who crave frequent, high-quality feedback on their practice. At Brooke, teachers are constantly going above and beyond to meet the diverse needs of their students and being the instructional and cultural leader of their warm and demanding classroom. Brooke is built for teachers who want to think deeply about instruction and collaborate daily with their grade-level peers and instructional leaders.
The 8th Grade Academy Spanish Teacher will hold primary responsibility for the development of curriculum, the instruction of content, and the growth and success of students.
A successful 8th Grade Spanish teacher will ensure that all students feel challengedand known.
The Role & Responsibilities
The Spanish teacher will deliver instruction to four (4) sections two (2) times per week for 40 minute periods. The required hours are from 10 am - 2 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred - Native spanish abilities in reading, writing, and speaking
- Preferred - Minimum of two years of teaching experience as a classroom teacher (excluding student teaching, practicum, or international teaching experience)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with students, parents, and colleagues
- Commitment to ensuring academic success for all students
- Shared dedication to Brooke’s mission and organizational values
- Excellent teamwork, communication, initiative, urgency, and positivity
Minimum Education Required