Technology Specialist - DPI Grants
Details: This is a Salaried, Exempt position.
600 W. Virginia Street
REPORTS TO: WI FACETS DPI Grants Coordinator
HOURS: .5 FTE (20 hours per week; 12 months)
TYPE: Salaried, Exempt
LOCATION: WI FACETS’ Milwaukee office
TRAVEL: Time in office: 100%
PURPOSE: The Tech Position is responsible for developing and maintaining online training content, social media accounts, web presence, and digital assets.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology or related field
· Bilingual in English/Spanish
· Parent/family member of child/young adult with disabilities; or, an individual with a disability encouraged to apply.
· Working knowledge of print design and production; video design and production.
- Associate Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, Information Technology or other related field.
· Demonstrated understanding of Articulate or similar online learning software, Drupal, 508-accessibility compliance, email marketing, and various social media platforms.
· Demonstrated strong written communication skills, including ability to adapt styles of writing to varied audience, including low literacy, and use of “family friendly” language.
· Ability to take initiative, prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure, resolve issues in a quick and timely manner and meet deadlines.
· Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues experienced by persons with disabilities.
· Ability to work collaboratively with others.
· Demonstrated attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to keep timely, accurate records and collect required data.
· Desire to learn new techniques in the field.
· Demonstrated ability to think creatively.
· Strong decision-making skills and professional ethics.
· Comfort in initiating contact with media and press about relevant topics; and occasional press or technology-related evening and weekend work.
· Ability to work legally in the U.S.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop Articulate (or similar E-Learning Platform) training modules for online learning in collaboration with DPI Grants Coordinator.
- Utilize Drupal to develop and maintain web content.
- Develop creative strategies to communicate with internal and external audiences using such tools as Facebook™ (English and Spanish sites), Twitter™, LinkedIn™, Pinterest™, Constant Contact™, etc. Develop, write, and post content. Use metrics to report on comments, trends and traffic.
- Contribute to the daily communication using social media tools; research and propose new content.
- Research social media policies and guidelines to establish working framework for technology-based activities
- Coordinate production, planning, script development, proofing with DPI Grants Coordinator, Statewide Multicultural Trainer, and production company, to develop videos for families in English and Spanish on various topics (i.e. basic literacy concepts – as, phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary development, in-home strategies, home-school communication strategies; and other grant topics as may be needed.
- Perform research and establish best practices for the use of and application of new media tools such as audio, video, and social media.
- Design Constant Contact or other email marketing campaign to market and promote WI FACETS trainings, resources, programs, announcements and other messaging.
- Photograph individuals and events.
- Conduct surveys and in-person interviews with families and others who have benefited from WI FACETS programming.
- Develop accessibility statement for website and monitor ongoing accessibility of web-based content.
- Build agency webinars.
- Supervise any technology interns.
· Accurate and timely data collection and recording of any required project records and evaluation
activities (Google Analytics, Salesforce, Survey Monkey, etc.).
· Prepare all required Project reports for review by DPI Grants Coordinator, i.e. mid-year and year-
end reports; quarterly board reports.
· Attend WI FACETS’ staff meetings and prepare updates of grant activities for each meeting.
· Attend WI FACETS’ DPI Grants staff meetings to coordinate project efforts and maintain frequent
contact with DPI Grants Coordinator.
· Provide additional grant and office support as assigned.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as may be required.
· Option to participate in a Simple IRA retirement plan with employer contribution for eligible employees, and
· Option to participate in an Aflac Supplemental Plan with employer contribution for eligible
employees (group health insurance not provided).
Level of Language Proficiency
Desired: Bilingual - English & Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
APPLICATION – DUE JUNE 25, 2018
· Send application form (on our website), resume and cover letter to:
WI FACETS, Attn: Courtney Salzer
600 W. Virginia Street, Suite 501
Milwaukee, WI 53204
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above is intended to summarize the essential functions of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list of miscellaneous duties and responsibilities that may be requested in the performance of this job. WI FACETS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to having a diverse work force. Members of minority groups and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
REQUIRED PRIOR TO HIRE
- Reference check.
- Police background check.
- Proof of residency.