Details: Salary range $20-25k to start. Candidate must be interested in becoming FT within 3- 6 months
161A Chrystie Street
bw Rivington & Delancey
The Marketing & Graphic Design Associate will have the opportunity to initiate, develop and execute innovative ideas while working with a creative team at one of NYC’s most exciting, award-winning downtown venues. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator and a highly organized self-starter with a passion for the arts.
- Create artwork and copy for all print and online media, including calendars, postcards, posters, tear sheets, social media, advertisements, eblasts, company website and ticketing platforms
- Populate, update and maintain website content in WordPress
- Collaborate with artists to develop content for website, email, and multiple social media platforms
- Manage social media team in creating content for multiple platforms
- Organize and maintain a database of visual assets, press reviews, and articles.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Indesign and Photoshop), WordPress, G Suite, and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Working knowledge of HTML, Constant Contact, Ovationtix and other ticketing platforms
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong typography, color balance and composition technique
- Proficient with time-management, thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Proven ability to follow through with multifaceted strategic campaigns
- Possesses an outstanding portfolio of creative design and excellent production skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and communicate successfully with diverse staff and artists
- Professional and positive attitude; ability to take direction and feedback
- Knowledge of current marketing trends
- Experience with paid media, SEO/SEM, Google Tag Manager & Analytics helpful
- An interest in and appreciation for experimental downtown performance a plus.
About Dixon Place
An artistic incubator since 1986, Dixon Place (DP) is committed to supporting the creative process by presenting original works of theater, dance, music, performance art, puppetry, literature, and visual art at all stages of development. Presenting over 1000 creators a year, this local haven inspires and encourages artists of all stripes and callings to take risks, generate new ideas and consummate new practices. DP's foremost priorities are to serve as a safety net for artists and to provide vivid, meaningful experiences for adventurous audiences. For more info, please visit www.dixonplace.org.
Job Classification & Salary Details
Minimum of 25 hours/week
Salary range $20-25k to start
Candidate must be interested in becoming FT within 3- 6 months
Please send a cover letter, resumé, 2-3 references from clients and/or supervisors, and myriad graphic design, writing, and media work samples via website and/or portfolio links to firstname.lastname@example.org
In a fully accessible facility, Dixon Place is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment representative of our community. As such, any and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Minimum Education Required