Details: Stipend to cover living expenses
Meds & Food for Kids (MFK) is a social enterprise, operating in the north of Haiti, with an administrative headquarters office in St. Louis, Missouri. A social enterprise has social goals which it meets by following sound business principles; it reinvests all positive margins back into the mission. MFK is dedicated to saving the lives of Haiti’s malnourished children and other nutritionally vulnerable people. MFK accomplishes its mission by developing, producing and distributing highly nutritious foods, including the gold-standard Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF). It makes its food products in Haiti, using Haitian workers and, whenever possible, Haitian raw materials. The factory is run increasingly with Haitian management, as a requisite for a sustainable future. MFK also undertakes traditional non-governmental organization activities in Haiti, including an agricultural research and development effort working with Haitian farmers, as well as providing malnutrition treatment to children in a few clinics and mentorship supporting other malnutrition clinics throughout Haiti. MFK also produces and distributes a nutritious school snack and is developing and will be testing a new prenatal supplementation product.
Production Consultant Role Description
1. General Responsibilities
Production Support: Responsible for mentoring and coaching the production supervisor in all aspects of production activities (manpower/tasks allocations, production orders, shift arrangements and production plan fulfillment)
Warehouse Management Support: Responsible for mentoring and coaching the production supervisor and warehouse officer in all aspects of warehouse activities (receiving deliveries, inventory accounting, stock management). Responsible for implementing and training staff in physical inventory controls and implementing inventory system KPIs.
Operations planning: Provide training and support in production planning and supply chain coordination
Training and development: Be responsible for development and training of a production clerk function that will support the Production Supervisor long term; provide mentoring and coaching to the production clerk incumbent in all aspects of the job requirements, ensuring that the incumbent is able to be successful operate in Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERPNext), and thoroughly understands his/her job responsibilities
2. Days On-Hand inventory management
Facilitate the interactions between production, warehouse officer and supply chain planning to ensure continued production and to minimize cash flow.
3. Cost control
Work with Production Supervisor to identify opportunities for production cost reduction. This might include optimizing current production capacity at the plant without unnecessary overtime, and controlling production-related spending to remain within budget.
4. Plant Quality Systems
Facilitate collaborative interaction between Production and the Quality Assurance Team to maintain compliance and to pass the internal audits and third-party audits.
5. Overall Equipment Efficiency implementation
Responsible for mentoring and coaching the Production Supervisor to improve overall equipment efficiency.
Skills and Experience:
· Formal training in management, supervision, and administration is required; BS in industrial engineering, business or operations management is preferred; food processing training a plus
· Minimum two years of manufacturing experience; experience in food processing industry a plus
· Minimum two years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting
· Strong interpersonal skills and cross cultural sensitivity
· Strong production planning background
· Strong leadership skills to set direction
· Basic computer literacy (Excel; Enterprise Resource software a plus)
· Fluency in English is a requirement; French and Haitian Creole is highly desired
· Health insurance and medical evacuation insurance
· Generous paid vacation
· Housing or housing allowance
· Two round-trip plane tickets to country of residence
Position requires a one-year commitment
Level of Language Proficiency
English, French; Haitian Creole a plus
Minimum Education Required