Residential Aide -- Multiple Positions Available
- Job posted by Women's Prison Association and Home, Inc.
110 Second Avenue
For over 160 years, the Women’s Prison Association (WPA) has worked to create opportunities for change in the lives of current and formerly incarcerated women and their families. WPA provides programs through which women acquire life skills needed to end their involvement in the criminal justice system and to make positive, healthy choices for themselves and their families. We draw strength from our history and vitality from twelve years of consistent growth and expansion.
We are currently recruiting for multiple full, part-time, and per diem Residential Aides in WPA’s Residential Services Unit. These positions will maintain a safe and secure environment for residents, staff and visitors at WPA’s newest DHS-funded shelter for women with criminal justice involvement. Residential aides also work closely with residents on supporting their day-to-day independent living plan goals, teaching and modeling strategies for living independently in the community. The residential aides will be involved in program start up activities including, supporting in the preparation of the facility and coordination of program planning for the 39-bed shelter.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide clerical support by answering telephone inquiries, data entry, light typing, filing and sorting of mail ·
- Conduct periodic emergency fire drills under direction of Operations Manager
- Adherence to all policies and procedures developed by DHS
- Intervene and diffuse crisis situations as needed
- Participate required training and pass certification, including CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Assist in carrying out any activities as indicated on the residents’ Independent Living Plans.
- Monitor all residents and staff entering and leaving the building and log activities in the internal communication log book
- Assist in twice daily feeding/meal distribution
- Support clients; register, check-in, monitor, assess behavior and overall well-being
- Conduct daily security and safety walkthroughs and monitor security camera feeds
- Complies with 42CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Observe and document residents' taking of medications when medically indicated Monitor residents’ personal appearance and behaviors to assess for overall stability and compliance with program expectations
- Administer mental health (and other) necessary medications for residents
- Provide clerical support by answering telephone inquiries, data entry, light typing, filing and sorting of mail
- Inspect and launder clients belongings upon admission to the program
- Support the distribution of prepared meals in resident dining room and monitor and assist diners in bussing their trays after eating Inspect and launder clients’ belongings upon admission to the program and distribute client supplies to residents.
- Launder bedding and bath linens weekly, including monitoring residents' submission of dirty linens as well as disbursement of clean linens to residents
- Help with provision of on-site recreational activities
- Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor
- F-80 certification required
- F-02 certification required
- NYS Security Guard License preferred
- High school diploma/GED strongly preferred; BA preferred.
- At least 2 years of documented relevant human services experience
- Certificate in First Aid, CPR and fire safety or ability to obtain certificate
- NYS Security Guard Licensed, or able to become licensed.
- Ability to effectively analyze situations quickly and apply sound judgment
- Ability to work and build rapport with others
- Good documentation skills, computer literate or willingness to learn
- Ability to distinguish boundary issues and transference issues with clients
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Meets individual health standard requirements for food handling
- Possession of NYS security guard licensure preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required