Details: Compensation commensurate of exprience
As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 1.5 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant woman, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don't operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that works to impose their ideological agenda on others.
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Reports to: Nevada State Director
This position is: Temporary, Non-Union, Full-time through November 30, 2018; with the possibility to extend to permanent position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Summary: The Organizing Coordinator will lead NARAL’s organizing efforts for reproductive freedom in southern Nevada. The Organizing Coordinator will mobilize NARAL members in Southern Nevada for the 2018 election. The Organizing Coordinator will also be responsible for continuing to cultivating strategic partnerships and identifying opportunities for NARAL to partner with our progressive partners.
· Recruit, train and mobilize NARAL members in Southern Nevada for the 2018 election.
· Support continuing to build NARAL’s online organizing presence in the state.
· Provide departmental support where needed such as budgeting, data entry, and other duties as assigned.
- Schedule will be flexible depending on the needs of the campaign.
· At least 2-3 years of experience organizing for political candidates, issues, or fundraising purposes.
· Experience in and familiarity with Las Vegas community and political climate.
· Self-starter with exceptional critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Positive attitude, detail-oriented, highly motivated and organized.
· Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
· A strong commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goals and programs as well as reproductive rights and
· Experience managing staff or volunteers preferred.
· Experience with NGP/VAN preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and a substantive cover letter to:
Subject line: Organizing Coordinator-NV