20 North Wacker Drive
At MEEA, we leverage our unique position as the Midwest’s key champion and trusted information resource on energy efficiency policies and programs to help our members and stakeholders identify, understand and implement cost-effective energy efficiency strategies that provide economic and environmental benefits. As a collaborative network and an influential membership organization spanning thirteen states, we provide a professional forum where energy providers, policymakers, implementers, manufacturers, advocates, and other stakeholders can make connections, seek advice and learn about energy efficiency. With our dynamic annual conference and other events, MEEA plays an important role in forging partnerships, promoting new technologies and curating the evolving conversation around economic sustainability and environmental stewardship from energy efficiency.
The Special Projects Manager is a member of MEEA’s Program team and will report to the Director of Programs. The SPM’s work will be to champion and advance energy efficiency programs and initiatives. In particular, the SPM will lead MEEA’s new initiative to become the Midwest’s hub for market transformation, support new and existing regional emerging technology programs, run MEEA’s Investor Owned Utility (IOU) Research & Development (R&D) collaborative, and assist the Director of Programs in identifying new program opportunities.
· Launch MEEA’s market transformation initiative
· Contract with utilities and/or implementation contractors to provide program design, pilot support and regulatory guidance to move the Midwest energy efficiency framework from resource acquisition to resource acquisition and Market Transformation (MT)
· Work closely with a gas utility, implementer, a technology incubator/lab and the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) to develop local expertise in developing market characterizations, baselines, logic models, strategic interventions and KPIs
· Oversee and implement MT pilots for several emerging technologies sourced from national MT efforts, utility research, and Gas Technology Institute research
· Work closely with evaluators to effectively determine savings from MT program interventions, and other MEEA programs
· Effectively manage annual program budget and provide detailed financial reports to program funders, federal and state grantors, MEEA’s Program Director, Executive Director and Board of Directors.
· Support MEEA’s efforts to engage Midwest emerging technology programs
· Convene and facilitate IOU R&D collaborative; assist utilities in developing partnerships for sharing pilot results and pilot cost share
· Participate in nascent energy efficiency and cannabis research
· Identify new program opportunities
· Serve as a positive and proactive team member; take initiative to accomplish competing priorities while meeting deadlines and objectives
· Work collaboratively with Programs, Finance, Policy, Membership and all MEEA team
members to advance energy efficiency throughout the region, grow membership,
and serve as a resource and expert.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the following qualifications:
· B.A. or B.S. in: environmental science, public policy, political science, or a related field
· Advanced degree in relevant field, preferred
· Minimum 6 years’ experience in evaluation, administration, or implementation of energy efficiency programs or experience in incubating new technologies/ideas
· Strong facilitation and coalition building skills amongst diverse stakeholders
· Strong oral and written presentation skills
· Ability to take initiative as well as work in a team environment
· Self-starter with a tolerance for ambiguity
· History of strong project management experience with proven success with meeting deadlines and the ability of adapt to shifting priorities
· Passion for energy efficiency
Civic Opera Building
20 N Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Subject: “Special Projects Manager” by June 8, 2018. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please.
MEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.