Senior Associate Director of Financial Management
Reports to the Director of Financial Management
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Senior Associate Director of Financial Management (“SADFM”) will support the Director of Financial Management (“DFM”) on all aspects of financial management including, but not limited to, the annual budgeting process and complex financial forecasting and analysis to ensure the long term sustainability of schools. Additionally, the SADFM will take the lead on implementing strategic team initiatives and may manage other members of the Financial Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the school budgeting process for select regions
- Drives the annual budgeting process for regions ranging in size from $10M to over $100M.
- Conducts budget meetings with school and regional leaders; makes recommendations to arrive at healthy budgets that achieve needs balanced with sustainability.
- Leads facilitation of select financial projections (e.g., core aid, benefits, capital projects)
- Reviews monthly financial statements and flags issues
- Knows status of school budgets and cash flows at all times
- Conducts financial management trainings for Directors of Operations to support their in understanding financial management, financial reports and budgeting
- Supports development of Finance Committee materials
- Drives financial forecasting and analysis for select regions; synthesizes takeaways and makes recommendations.
- Works with regional leadership and other HO teams to understand complex scenarios; executes on the analysis and takeaways
- Performs modeling and data analysis
- Prepares models for lenders and donors.
- Maintains regional financial models with current and accurate financial information.
- Leads the development and implementation of team initiatives to build scalability and enhance processes while maintaining A+ service for our schools.
- May manage other members of the financial management team.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Director of Financial Management and works closely with the entire Financial Management and Accounting teams; interacts with all Home Office personnel and school based teams.
- Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- An obsessive attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, internet research, etc.).
- Educational background:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in non-profit development, accounting, or public sector finance preferred.
- Experience in K-12 public education preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply Here: https://uncommonschools.secure.force.com/careers/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0x0G00001PpMotQAF&tSource=