SUMMARY OF POSTION
Reporting to, and in partnership with, the Executive Director, the Director of Development will spearhead the advancement efforts of Amirah, cultivating an environment of gratitude for all donor relations, overseeing all fundraising efforts for the organization, and managing all communication efforts on the part of the organization.
You should apply if…
- You believe in the dignity of all human lives, no matter the color of your skin, your faith, your gender, your sexuality, or anything else. Dignity is deserved because all human beings exist in the image of God.
- You are a skilled empathetic people manager who enjoys building strong and balanced teams to achieve collective goals, and fostering a collaborative growth culture
- You’re excited about the challenge of building deeply intentional processes towards a more diverse, equitable and racially just community
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to
advance our mission and progress the work of healing in community, breaking the
cycle of exploitation, and providing new communities where survivors can thrive
We believe that each Amirah community member, donor, volunteer, advocate,
and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the
center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan for entirety of organization
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, churches, corporations, and government
- Create and execute a strategy to maintain and grow Amirah’s major gift program
- Work with the ED, Amirah’s Board of Directors, and Amirah’s development team, to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with all donors of Amirah according to strategic development
- Manage oversight of donor database and data entry and gift processing done by support staff and volunteers
- In collaboration with ED and Board of Directors, manage the organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for foundations and corporations
- In collaboration with ED and Amirah development team, write and submit grant proposals
- Oversee the relationship between Amirah’s development strategy and volunteer recruitment and engagement
- Oversee the Development team
- In collaboration with ED, provide oversight to Amirah’s forms of communications (email and social)
- Develop communication strategy for Amirah, working to expand our reach in the most effective way possible
- Communication strategy should align with our advocacy, policy, and educational efforts in one cohesive flow
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of similar type of experience required.
- Marketing, public relations, and/or fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about Amirah’s work; able to communicate and promote the philosophy, mission, and value of the organization both internally and externally.
- Must be a professing Christian who is committed to support and promote the Christian foundation of the organization and agree to Amirah’s Statement of Faith.
- Possess a warm and nurturing spirit and humble in approach to relationships and teachable.
- Creative problem solver, who can handle conflict in a mature, intentional, thoughtful way while actively pursuing reconciliation.
- Work well in a multi-faceted, creatively chaotic environment.
- Work well as a self-starter, but also collaborate as a vital part of the team atmosphere of Amirah.
This is a hybrid position, with some expected presence in Amirah’s administrative office and work-from-home flexibility. Some local travel is required. Schedule and office presence to be mutually determined at the time of hire.
Amirah provides exit and aftercare services to women who have survived various forms of sex trafficking, prostitution, and commercial sexual exploitation. See more at www.amirahinc.org.