1012 Torney Avenue
The Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) and the Green-e certification programs are seeking a full-time Green-e Analyst to join our innovative, team-oriented environment to assist program participants and manage the implementation of our growing suite of Green-e programs. Green-e is North America’s leading independent consumer protection program for the sale of renewable energy and greenhouse gas reductions, helping to facilitate market-based solutions that drive sustainable energy and climate action. Green-e is administered by the nonprofit CRS, located in the Presidio of San Francisco, California.
This is a great opportunity to gain practical renewable energy, climate change, and corporate social responsibility experience.
The Analyst should expect to spend the majority of his/her time on the following types of activities. The list below is not exhaustive:
Green-e Operations - 80%
- Manage relationships with Green-e Energy and Green-e Climate program participants by acting as a Green-e Regional Representative for a portion of North America
- Manage certification applications, onboard and train program participants, conduct contract renewals and terminations, review and improve related internal program processes and documentation
- Conduct semi-annual Marketing Compliance Reviews for Green-e Energy participants and Green-e Climate participants
- Support renewable energy facility documentation review process throughout the year including evaluation of renewable energy claims
- Respond to general Green-e email inquiries and inbound calls; perform program administration duties such as meeting minutes, mailings, and website updates; and support data-related projects and develop other Green-e data management skills
- Support program outreach in Representative’s region, or elsewhere as needed
Program Outreach/Development and Other Activities - 20%
Depending on applicant’s interest, background, workload and availability, the position may include other activities, such as:
- Business travel in to meet with program participants and to conduct program outreach
- Provide research support to Green-e Climate and Marketplace programs
- Support other outreach efforts for Green-e and CRS programs, including through social media channels, public speaking and webinars
- Other projects as they arise and as the Analyst has interest and ability
· Bachelor’s degree or greater in a related field with relevant work experience and/or coursework
· Enthusiastic self-starter
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Study or work experience in environmental policy, electricity markets, climate change, and/or carbon offsets
· Passion for renewable energy
· Excellent research, writing and quantitative skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects while keeping a firm focus on priorities
· High level of comfort contacting current and potential program participants by phone and email in a professional manner
· Microsoft Office Suite competency, including manipulation of large data sets in Excel
· Experience with Salesforce and/or webpage design is a plus,
· Experience with program compliance, verification and enforcement is a plus
· Fluency in a foreign language, especially Mandarin, is a plus
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week paid staff position. The Analyst is expected to work from the CRS office. Some travel is expected.
CRS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any applicable legally protected characteristic. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. CRS is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRS provides a robust benefits package for full-time employees including a matching program for 401(k) retirement, comprehensive insurance benefits, and paid leave. CRS is located in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in San Francisco's Presidio National Park.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com in one combined file titled with your name. Please include the job title in the subject line. Indicate why you are interested in the position, a summary of your qualifications for the position, and your available start date. No calls or email inquiries please. Employment will be contingent upon completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference checks.
Minimum Education Required