Full Time Contract
Details: Commensurate with experience and prorated for the date of hire.
Greenpeace USA (GPUS) is hiring a Digital Campaigning & Organizing Specialist to lead a combination of online (digital) and offline (events) engagements in the run up to the Global Climate Action Summit taking place in September 2018 in San Francisco. The successful candidate will work with internal teams, coalition leaders and GPUS leadership to craft an engagement strategy as part of a campaign to get California elected officials to commit to no new fossil fuel production in California. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven strategist with a deep understanding of online and offline campaigning, engagement strategy, and proficiency with CRM and CMS systems.
The Digital Campaigning & Organizing Specialist role is an exempt, fixed term, benefits-eligible opportunity beginning immediately and culminating in September 2018. This role will be based in San Francisco, California, and will require some travel as needed for the role, not to exceed 25%. The Digital Campaigning and Organizing Specialist will report to the Program Engagement Director based in Washington, DC.
The salary for this role is between $72,000-$96,000 annually (gross), commensurate with experience and prorated for the date of hire.
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff who choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture.
Level of Language Proficiency
The Digital Campaigning/Organizing Specialist will:
- Develop and implement an engaging strategy for the Climate Action Summit in partnership with GPUS leadership, coalition members, donors and stakeholders
- Craft compelling digital content, including email collateral, social media content and blog copy, to raise campaign awareness
- Plan a series of offline events and meetups to recruit, train and mobilize new and existing volunteers
- Identify and track key data/metrics to assess and improve campaign performance, and provide solutions to challenges and roadblocks as necessary to ensure optimal performance
- Develop a thorough understanding of GPUS campaigning priorities to effectively educate & engage the public
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal teams to ensure operational excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements for the Digital Campaigning/Organizing Specialist include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, and Journalism and four (4) years of digital campaigning/organizing experience, or a combination of relevant experience and education, and;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Additional qualifications for the Digital Campaigning/Organizing Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Previous experience spearheading or supporting the development of digital strategies with a clear understanding of the relationship between digital engagement and campaigning and advocacy
- Demonstrable knowledge of online and offline campaigning experience to include volunteer recruitment and engagement
- Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools such as EveryAction, ActionKit, or a similar membership platform
- Knowledge and comfort working with Content Management Systems (CMS) platforms; proficiency with Wordpress is ideal
- Thorough understanding of social media management principles and experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube
- Proven ability to make data/evidence based decisions in a campaigning context
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you want to save the world from climate change and believe in environmental justice, please submit an application on our careers page. Applications will be review on a rolling basis and will conclude once we have found the best candidate; for best consideration, please apply by April 6, 2018. Greenpeace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized communities. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenpeace is a global, independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. For over fifty years, Greenpeace has fought to save the planet from the threat of global warming, destruction of ancient forests, deterioration of our oceans, and the threat of a nuclear disaster loom large. As an independent organization, Greenpeace does not accept funds from any corporations or government entities. Greenpeace is headquartered in the Netherlands, with offices all around the world in over fifty countries.
Only applicants eligible to work and live in the United States without any legal restrictions need apply for this opportunity.