55 Broad Street
URBAN GREEN COUNCIL | Coordinator, Curriculum Development
Advance the green building movement locally and nationally through education.
Urban Green Council, the local affiliate of the U.S. Green Building Council, is looking for a content developer to create new and updated green building curricula for a range of professional audiences. Urban Green educational programs lead the industry in content quality, student engagement, and technical rigor, driving efficient building performance throughout the design, building management, operations and construction sectors.
Conquering the Energy Code and GPRO: Green Professional Building Skills are Urban Green’s flagship education programs that teach architects, engineers, construction workers and building operators essential information about green building practices and technologies to ensure that their buildings are healthy, efficient and high-performing. With consistently high ratings and a growing student base of 3,500 trained annually, Urban Green’s educational programs are poised for significant expansion. The Curriculum Coordinator will manage the development of new courses, including custom content, as well as maintain and improve existing courses and systems.
This position reports to the Education Director, and will support Education account management and program delivery as required.
· Work with Education Director and subject matter experts to develop compelling content with engaging narrative and flow for Urban Green courses. Content includes instructor materials, student handouts, manuals, classroom exercises, exams, and online content.
· Help strategize and implement new teaching methods (both in-person and online tools) that will convey important sustainability information in an effective way.
· Coordinate and review the work of technical editors, graphic designer(s), copyeditor(s) and illustrator(s), and oversee the quality of that work.
· Research the science, technologies, and policies behind green building and energy systems.
· Ensure quality control across all courses, including course and exam updates, instructor training, and instructor evaluation.
· Create and implement processes for streamlined product launch and annual content updates
· Track internal and external timelines to ensure content is complete and ready for program launch
· Update and maintain Urban Green content library
· Work with Account Management team to create specialized curriculum
· Oversee process for granting Continuing Education credits and certifications as required.
· Reports to the Education Director
· Supports sales and program delivery as required
· Supervises intern(s)
· Liaise with Urban Green volunteer committee(s) and subject matter experts
· Manage project schedules and budgets
· Proposes and implement improvements to departmental processes and systems.
· Ability to translate complex concepts into a compelling narrative, including presenting information graphically
· Excellent writing skills, including the ability to edit for clarity and consistency
· Communicates easily with people at all levels of project/business hierarchy
· Ability to manage and accurately report on multiple projects with a range of stakeholders concurrently
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience developing educational programs and materials for adult learners across a variety of media
· Solid understanding of sustainability and building performance issues, particularly those affecting building trades and operators, architects, and engineers
· At least three years’ work experience in curriculum design
· Experience with InDesign
How to Apply
Please email your thoughtful cover letter and resume in a single PDF titled “YOUR LAST NAME - CDC” and with YOUR LAST NAME - CDC the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that are not submitted in this format will not be reviewed.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your thoughtful cover letter and resume in a single PDF titled “YOUR LAST NAME - EDC” and with YOUR LAST NAME - EDC the subject line to email@example.com. Applications that are not submitted in this format will not be reviewed.